New here, Just saying hello to everyone.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nrphlly

Nrphlly

Reaction score
Looks like you went up a model from your old pics. Your 12 looks great, especially with those rims. Love those wheels! Welcome from NJ. Post up some more pics when you get a chance.

Thankyou Tony, I loved the wheels too. Hopefully they hold up with a trailer.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon. What does a trailer have to do with whether your wheels hold up? That one confuses me. :crazy:

OP
OP
Nrphlly

Nrphlly

Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon. What does a trailer have to do with whether your wheels hold up? That one confuses me. :crazy:

I’ve never towed with 22s or this suspension before, the Tongue weight from my 20Ft 70ch trailer will make this thing wear out it’s shocks prematurely if they aren’t heavy duty enough. I’ll upgrade in short order.

The 22 in wheels will rebound differently than a set of 20s, (which I’ve already cracked a rear one). And these are all factory Chevy wheel setups.

Because, let’s face it, I bought this to move that trailer and haul tools lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never towed with 22s or this suspension before, the Tongue weight from my 20Ft 70ch trailer will make this thing wear out it’s shocks prematurely if they aren’t heavy duty enough. I’ll upgrade in short order.

The 22 in wheels will rebound differently than a set of 20s, (which I’ve already cracked a rear one). And these are all factory Chevy wheel setups.

Because, let’s face it, I bought this to move that trailer and haul tools lol.
Oh ok, gotcha. Less sidewall means less protection when hitting potholes and such. So yes, the tires will rebound different ( not necessarily the wheels) and you’ll basically have less protection due to sidewall but maybe you can up the tire rating and run higher pressure when towing so you negate the effect of less sidewall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nrphlly

Nrphlly

Reaction score
Let me check the tire rating and see if that’s possible. 18s have been the absolute best by far. Thinking I’ll stay that size in the 2015 model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klis