New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its ours. We are into cars and between 1998 and 2014 raced (and broke) quite a bit. I still do all of the maintenance on our vehicles, but leave the heavy lifting to others.

I'm currently looking to have the rear differential in the Tahoe rebuilt. The guy that did all our rear end work through the years, passed away, so I'm looking for someone local that really knows his stuff.
Jupiter or New York? I might know of people/shops in both locales.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe lives in Westchester County (Yorktown Heights) NY, so that is where I would be looking for a shop experienced in differentials.
The fella we know lives in the Bronx and the speed shop he does business with would overhaul an axle if you brought it to them. Another shop would not rebuild an axle, just swap them out with used ones.

Beautiful country up that way, we have relatives over in Katonah and Wingdale as well as in the 5 boroughs.

OP
OP
G

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
The fella we know lives in the Bronx and the speed shop he does business with would overhaul an axle if you brought it to them. Another shop would not rebuild an axle, just swap them out with used ones.

Beautiful country up that way, we have relatives over in Katonah and Wingdale as well as in the 5 boroughs.
We are right next to Katonah, had lunch there a few days ago. It is really nice here, but getting WAY more crowded than even 5 years ago. Not looking to pull the whole banjo out, but thanks much for looking into this for me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz