New guy with wiring questions!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that and wondered if you hailed from the Sunshine State. Once knew a fella with your name when I was a youngster, good family.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and as far as wiring up the 04 seats......
You can get the seat movement and lumbar functions working, but give up on the memory functions and the heated seat functions. To get the power seat movement/adjustments working, look for the very thick orange or orange with a black stripe, and then an equally thick black wire. Those are the two wires that you need to hook up to power and ground. Orange is hot and black is grounded. If you already have power seats then you can splice these in to your existing wiring. When I installed my 04 Denali seats in my 2001, I did this. I cut the plug off my original seat and spliced it on to my new Denali seat. Then the airbag plugs were the same so I plugged those right into the plugs on my floor. I "HOPE" they work at least, lol. I've never had an accident so I wouldn't know. And then there's the seatbelt indicator wire. I believe that was a thin black wire with a white strip on it. That needs to be connected so that the seat belt light doesn't stay lit on the dash, it goes out when you buckle your seat belt.
So I was messing around with the seats last night and I was able to peel my wiring harness off the O2 and the wiring harness off the 03 seats and put the O2 harness on the 03 and plug right into everything just fine the only thing I had you cut and splice was the seat heater plugs because it was different but I stripped the tape off of it and it ended up going back to a junction with the exact same colors on it is mine so I cut them slice them into my plug put the seat and everything works just fine on it so it is possible to use them with all the functions

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference is the 03 has a seat belt Dinger on the passenger side and it also has a weird clear hose filled with liquid coming out of the center of the bottom of the seat going over to the frame to a little black some kind of sensor box and there's also another sensor on the seat so they has a bunch more wires but you don't need all of them

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The only difference is the 03 has a seat belt Dinger on the passenger side and it also has a weird clear hose filled with liquid coming out of the center of the bottom of the seat going over to the frame to a little black some kind of sensor box and there's also another sensor on the seat so they has a bunch more wires but you don't need all of them
Weird. Wonder what that's for.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. Wonder what that's for.
I don't know but it's only on the passenger side. It's like a quarter inch clear tube with liquid in it that you can see through and it has black wire loom around it at first I thought it was wires till I peeled the wire loom off to look I should have taken a photo of it

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I don't know but it's only on the passenger side. It's like a quarter inch clear tube with liquid in it that you can see through and it has black wire loom around it at first I thought it was wires till I peeled the wire loom off to look I should have taken a photo of it

@M1Gunner is right. It's the passenger airbag sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts