New Guy in Long Beach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EFAJEEP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He guys. I just joined up last night and have read a bunch of posts already. I am a member of a couple other forums and find that they are the best source of info available.

Anyway I am picking up a 2003 Yukon 4.8l with 85,000 miles on thursday. It seems real clean and rode just fine on the test drive. I have already read about the exhaust manifold bolt problems (which I didnt check when I met the seller in San Diego). Is there any other common problems I should look for and handle right away? Have you guys had good luck with the 4.8l?

The Yukon already has some aftermarket 20s on it but I see that the rear sits pretty high. Is there a way to drop the rear to be level with the stock front height? I have read about alot of lowring kits, but I dont want to drop the whole car. After reading a bunh of posts last night I tried to PM NorCallSS about the lowering of the rear as it seems like he had the most posts in the suspension section but I have noe had 10 posts and am not allowed to PM members yet.

Thanks for any info you can give me on the 03 4.8l and for all the posts and replies already in the Forum.

Attachments

• yukon.jpg
    yukon.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 8
  • yukon2.jpg
    yukon2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 5
  • yukon5.jpg
    yukon5.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 5
  • yukon3.jpg
    yukon3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 5

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you got a pretty good start. Get ready to have no money

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome Mark, yes, get with Tony on the lowering part. Simple deal, and I have the 4.8...to get the most out of it, get the Black Bear tune...mine runs great now!

OP
OP
E

EFAJEEP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
welcome Mark, yes, get with Tony on the lowering part. Simple deal, and I have the 4.8...to get the most out of it, get the Black Bear tune...mine runs great now!

Thanks, I will hit up black bear I think they are within 50 miles of me

hey what long beach, long bach in NY

Long Beach Ca, didnt even know NY had a LB

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you got a pretty good start. Get ready to have no money

Thanks, Ive already got no money, but at least it wont come as a shock to mommma that theres a new toy that nneeds some goodies

Welcome, nice looking truck you've got there.

Thanks alot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03yukonxldenali

Latest posts