NEW GUY HERE Nothing to see

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Magicmantx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just another Newbie. I just picked up my 2017 Z71 yesterday after a 1500 mile road trip looking at everything from N Arkansas to Houston Tx then Dallas to Oklahoma City . Finally was about to give up and just go back home when I took another look at one listed that really didn't have a lot of info and on a couple of pics. Since it wasn't far out of my way I decided to take a look. Glad I did . I bought a 1997 Z71 Both the motor and transmission were rebuilt just under 50K ago. It runs and drives great. The engine is so smooth you can barely hear it running . I got it from an older gentleman that has had it for years but bought a new vehicle several months ago so this was just sitting. Its 100% stock . I almost discounted looking at it because it shows 256K on the clock. I looked at many with much less mileage supposedly that weren't nearly in as good of shape. There is absolutely no rust and only a few small dings on the body.Worst spot is he backed into a post and bumped the lt rear of the bumper and it tagged the body slightly. Very easy. Worst part is the paint which I planned to do anyway no matter what I got. Interior is in great shape (grey cloth) which I wanted. Nearly all switches etc work good. Even the stock factory radio works but it will need to fix the button lights in it. Plans are bodywork and paint, Wheels and tires obviously and a lift of undecided height probably more on the small side or even just a leveling kit. So my build will start soon.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Bruce!! Nice find on your well maintained 1997 Z71!