New guy from Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxTooTall

Reaction score
Just looking for things to do. Recently bought a 2011 Yukon XL, looking for the little things to make it better. I'm on the other forums as "TooTall"

Anything on reverse lights or doing the tail light conversion?

Now if I could sell the Trailblazer that would be even better.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Welcome from up in north tx. I miss my trailblazer lol

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

What do you mean by "Anything on reverse lights or doing the tail light conversion?"

What about reverse lights? How to install them? Does yours not have them?

And tail light conversion... to what? Tahoe tail lights? Escalade tail lights?

Need more info :D

OP
OP
T

TxTooTall

Reaction score
:welcome:

What do you mean by "Anything on reverse lights or doing the tail light conversion?"

What about reverse lights? How to install them? Does yours not have them?

And tail light conversion... to what? Tahoe tail lights? Escalade tail lights?

Need more info :D

I saw where others had posted a while back about adding separate LED "fog lights" under the bumper or some how they molded them into the roof rack. Yes mine has reverse lights, but they are not the brightest

again, I've been looking around at several sites, but can't remember where I saw it. I saw where what looks like the Escalade LED tail lights, and the light bar are swapped out? Really looks clean

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking around at several sites, but can't remember where I saw it. I saw where what looks like the Escalade LED tail lights, and the light bar are swapped out? Really looks clean

Ah ok. Well, for the Escalade stuff is pretty simple. The 3rd brake light just swaps out. They can be found on eBay or on here for $150-250 and you might get lucky and not have to paint if it's a used one in your color.

With the tail lights, you can get OEM Escalade lights and you'll have to rewire the harness. Or you can go on eBay and get the "G5 tail lights" which are basically Escalade replica lights. here's a couple links for you to look at...

How To: Convert to Escalade Third Brake Light

HOW TO: Convert to Escalade LED Tail Lights

and here's my truck with both of the Esky mods done to it (plus the 2013 Escalade premium rear dual exhaust bumper)

Before
R.jpg

After
4_zps4d2fad32.jpg

OP
OP
T

TxTooTall

Reaction score
Ah ok. Well, for the Escalade stuff is pretty simple. The 3rd brake light just swaps out. They can be found on eBay or on here for $150-250 and you might get lucky and not have to paint if it's a used one in your color.

With the tail lights, you can get OEM Escalade lights and you'll have to rewire the harness. Or you can go on eBay and get the "G5 tail lights" which are basically Escalade replica lights. here's a couple links for you to look at...

How To: Convert to Escalade Third Brake Light

HOW TO: Convert to Escalade LED Tail Lights

and here's my truck with both of the Esky mods done to it (plus the 2013 Escalade premium rear dual exhaust bumper)

Before
R.jpg

After
4_zps4d2fad32.jpg

big thanks !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali