New guy 99 LT SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k gee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Not new to the Tahoe (which generation is the 99 in anyways) as I've had a 99 LT back in 04, but sold it due to gas prices. I was spending about $500/mo in gas and with the car payment and insurance I sold it and got my 96 Caprice as a daily.

Anyways, today I am picking up another 99 Tahoe, but for my g/f. We just sold her 08 Scion TC (luckily someone bought it for what was owed to the bank) and she wanted something with 4 doors, bigger and preferably a SUV....so I swooped in with the idea of a late 90s Tahoe. I've always been a Chevy guy.

Got one pic from the ad as my avatar, but will do a photoshoot with the Caprice this weekend probably.

The Tahoe is Blue with tan leather and is fully loaded. He has the rear cargo cover in new condition and just bought a billet grille that I will install.

Keyholes were both punched in front, so I am trying to figure out if the rear handles will work...easy $30 fix if that's the case. His daughter messed a few things up like ashtray cover in rear and cover on pass. side vanity mirror. Nothing major really. A small dent, perhaps crease in the lower rear door on the drivers side, but the paint is in great condition. My detailer will get all the scratches out no problem.

It had the tranny replaced at the dealer 20k miles ago, and has 81k on the rest of the truck. Everything works on it, so no rush to fix anything.

I'm planning on changing the oil this weekend to Mobil 1 Syn. Should that be fine for this motor? Or are most of you sticking to the 3000 mile route?

I was going to do 22"s since I just switched out tires on my Caprice and they are brand new 285/35 (lil small) but this truck comes with newer 20s and the tires have a lot of tread left.

Other than that I am going to change out the alarm to a name brand pager/starter and just let the g/f drive it when I am not using it. :)

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
You'll enjoy driving it a lot more without a payment, and full coverage insurance. But I'm not your finance guy. :) Welcome!!!

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have the same wheels on mine and same color!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridnclean18