New from NW Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Saturday morning to you all. I am from NW Ohio and a new member. A good bit of backstory on how I arrived here. Last fall (sept 21) my wife and I were on our way home from cleveland, and driving on the ohio turnpike. I was cruising along and my wife said, I want a tahoe for our next vehicle. (I had picked out the last 2 new vehicles we purchased, one in 2011 and one in 2016 so she had told me in 16 that she was picking our next one when we had finished paying off the 16.) I said ok, what made you decide that, and she told me to look at this bright red tahoe that was blacked out. Looked sharp as all get out and i hadn't seen one before. I said sure lets go look. She researched on her phone the rest of the trip home, but decided she didn't want to get one yet. I'm not pushy, so i let it sit and didn't mention it at all. Early March, she comes home from work and says that she wants a tahoe, so i say lets go see my buddy who is a salesman for chevy. Unfortunately he was gone that weekend we had free to go see him and do research, so we didn't go. Early April, she has to get her 11 in for brake work, and she said there was a tahoe at that dealer, so when we picked up her 11 we asked about it, and they said it was sold already but we could sit in it and check it out a bit. We did and he recommended then to if we wanted one, to order one. We went home and talked a bit about it, but put it off until this past weekend. Stopped in to see my buddy and he had a 22 that a part time sales guys tahoe sitting and was kind enough to let us check out. So we had him build us one so we could have better information on what we would like to have on our ride. We got a printout of the paperwork and left. She spend the next 2 days deciding and changing her mind, so we went back on monday to talk with him and put in an order. Since he and i are buddies, he had acually put it in on saturday and we ended up only changing the color from what he put in. It is as of yet just a prelim order as of thursday since they didn't get an allocation for a tahoe this week, so now we are in the waiting game. I hope it gets accepted soon, but at same time, with the cutover from the 22s to 23s around the 26th of may, i wouldn't mind it being pushed to the 23. So after all of that, i have been doing looking into doing more to black out the chrome on the exterior as we didn't want to spend 10k more to get it blacked out, as the LS has all the things we needed. 10k to just add blackout was silly as the other things would have been nice sure, but not needed. Now I am here to see what I can do for blackout as well as just learn more about my new tahoe i will get sometime in the future. Thanks for welcoming me to the site and answering any questions i may have in the future.

Chad

p.s.

22 LS 4WD in Satin Steel Metallic with 1st row bench seat, driver alert package, and blackout bowtie and lettering.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
C

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 2 days i have been lurking before signing up i can tell there is a LOT of knowledge here already and I tend to lurk, unless I can add useful information on a subject. It is my personality to be quiet, but if i can add to something i will. Nice ride by the way. Also, this will by our first full sized suv. we have an 11 acaida (wife loves it and wanted something that size or larger which is why we are getting into the tahoe) and a 16 canyon(our first foray into a truck and it is great just smallish for our family of 4 with carrying all of our stuff for vacations)

OP
OP
C

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! my kids are 9 and 6 and they have no idea what we are getting other than it is a 22 tahoe. they haven't even seen one in person so have no idea outside of pictures and youtube videos. It will sure be a surprise to them!

SynnerD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. I’m new as well and from about 2 hours from ya. And congrats. Wonder if they do meets in this forum like we used to over at 355Nation