New exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mastertony

Reaction score
I am planning to purchase a new exhaust for my 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4WD. I am currently eyeing a Corsa Exhaust that I saw online. Is this a reliable brand? Or should I go for a Magnaflow or flowmaster exhaust instead?

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa is one of the best. One of the most expensive, but high quality and great brand loyalty. They have a really quite idle and tend to really open up when stomping on the loud peddle. Haven't heard one on a Tahoe/Burban yet, but man do they sound good on the Vettes.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I have a v force from Midas. Cost $140 installed and I get compliments pretty much every time I drive my truck on how nice it sounds. It's got a nice tone to her.

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd talk to a couple local exhaust shops before you decide to drop the cash on a catback. You'll open up a whole lot more options that way. Listen to some youtube videos to get an idea of the sound your looking for, and have your local shop build you a system YOU want. I got a true dual system with magnaflows, all stainless including new hangers and a lifetime warranty for $220, that's including the magnaflows as well. I couldn't have bought the materials and done the work myself for that let alone buy a catback. The guy does amazing work and stands by his warranties 100%. I don't see myself ever buying an off the shelf catback again. You're best bet is to find an independent shop or one that strictly specializes in exhaust work. If you go to a Midas, Monroe ect. most of the time they will tell you its impossible to install anything but their piece of crap replacement system for $1000.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local shops are the way to go. My old bonneville ssei had a custom set up from downpipe back sounded ok for a v6. But all I rly cared bout with it was supercharger whine

carduke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If budget is not a problem then there's nothing wrong about buying a corsa. It is a good exhaust.

02DFWTahoe

Reaction score
I would also look at a local shop first. I had mine done, and it was far cheaper than buying a corsa setup. Not that there's anything wrong with buying something, you may be able to save yourself some money.

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I bought a full Magnaflow cat-back, the local performance muffler shop told me that the could build me a 3.5" system (muffler back) out of new(er) take-offs they had piled up behind the shop for about 1/3 the price of the Magnaflow.