New dude... another water leak ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chillin82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s goin on gentlemen...

I’m new to the forum and I have 2 99’ 2 doors 2wd tahoes.

I have replaced the windshield on both and removed and resealed both quarter panel window on both truck. I’m in Soflo and the passing of tropical storm Eta this weekend we had plenty of rain. When I went to check my truck they both had puddles of water in the exact same spots !!!! Under the back seat front bracket on the driver side !! I literally had the quarter window resealed less than a month ago on my black one and mayb a year ago on my red one and they both had water (literally a puddle) right under the back seat. Has anyone had this leak ?? Idk of it’s the windows again or what ??

I need some help gentlemen I’m tired of having a wet interior

OP
OP
C

Chillin82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m thinking of removing the roof racks and sealing the holes to make sure it’s not that but I don’t really want to remove the racks cuz I kind of like them lol I don’t know what to do

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check roof rack bolts to see if broken or spinning free if not unscrew rtv and screw back what about rear tailgate dry it out use a pressure washer or strong hose,car wash look at seem sealer on roof is it all there

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s goin on gentlemen...

I’m new to the forum and I have 2 99’ 2 doors 2wd tahoes.

I have replaced the windshield on both and removed and resealed both quarter panel window on both truck. I’m in Soflo and the passing of tropical storm Eta this weekend we had plenty of rain. When I went to check my truck they both had puddles of water in the exact same spots !!!! Under the back seat front bracket on the driver side !! I literally had the quarter window resealed less than a month ago on my black one and mayb a year ago on my red one and they both had water (literally a puddle) right under the back seat. Has anyone had this leak ?? Idk of it’s the windows again or what ??

I need some help gentlemen I’m tired of having a wet interior
Looks like a water hose test is in order. Have someone start low and work their way up while you watch from inside.

On mine, it was the seal at the top of the side glass (flowable silicone stopped that) and water running out of the door vent (behind the door panel) and into the sill plate where the edge of the carpet soaked it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts