new Carven TR muffler/Performance Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Em Vee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Chevy fam,

I am new to the forums. I wanted to see if someone on here could help me out.
I recently got the Carven TR 3" muffler installed on my 2003 Tahoe z71. Before the muffler I had 0 issues. Now, I noticed the vehicle is very slouchy and doesnt up and go like before prior to the muffler install. It is especially noticable when going up big hills. Before the vehicle would shift down and make it up the hill. Now it shifts down and still drops speed drastically.
Nothing major is done to the vehicle. I have a superchips Dashpaq with the "tow tune", 17" pro comp 97 series (steel) wheels with 285/70/17 pro comp AT tires and brand new NGK iridium spark plugs with ACDelco wires.
Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Thank you in advance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doubtful a muffler caused any problem, you might want to check your maf & fuel pressure

OP
OP
E

Em Vee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
doubtful a muffler caused any problem, you might want to check your maf & fuel pressure
wouldnt both of those things cause a check engine light though? I dont have a check engine light at all.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to get a Tech 2 or equivalent hooked up to the truck for some diagnostics.

OP
OP
E

Em Vee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Who did the muffler installation..? I’d guess something was damaged during this. Perhaps a wire was nicked / burned. Fuel pressure definitely needs to be checked. Could even have a smashed fuel line or something like that, adjacent to the muffler install.
I’ll have that checked out, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17