New 22" Wheel/Tire Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gohawks3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase an additional set of wheels/tires for my 2010 Dark Charcoal LTZ. There are tons of options out there and I'm really struggling to find something I'll like and that will be different than the OEM wheels I already have (chevy 5 spoke alloys).

I do like these, but can't seem to find them for AWD cars. Anyone have any suggesstions?

Also, I'm not very good with tires, so I don't know exactly what size I'd need - I'm thinking the 285/45 Falken STZ04 would be ok, but will that leave a ton of rubber exposed on the sidewall? I'm looking for something just a little less than the factory tires I already have...

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Those wheel will work perfectly fine with an AWD car, it only says RWD becauase that is how that site list them due to offseet. Just make sure you get a +30 offset or higher.
Also get 285/40 rubber so the tires do not end up too fat, 285/40/22 is what comes on the Escalade with 22" wheels. I also suggesst Hankook, Nitto or Yokohama tires over Falken.

OP
OP
G

gohawks3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Modded.

Man, I can't decide what wheels to get - too many to choose from! I was thinking black since I'm keeping my OEM chromes as well, but my ride is the dark charcoal color and now I'm not sure black will look good with it. . .

OP
OP
G

gohawks3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did some searching and really llike the Giovanni Dalars, but I'm not sure the black/chrome will go well with my dark charcoal colored Tahoe. Thoughts?

I've got a friend recommending the chrome KMC Slides for it...

Blackedout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
kmc slides

I Got a Set of Black Kmc slides 22" wheels and tires i have had them on my tahoe for about two months now and im trying to sell them to get 24s.

jnking15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is a shot of my 08 Yukon that is Stealth Gray with black 24's. The truck is more blue than gray, but it still gives you an idea of how black looks with a darker color vehicle.

vietcu

Reaction score
jnking15, how far did you lower that tahoe? Looking at your setup, makes me kind of think about going with 24s.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Dalar 6's FTW!

Also, they don't make a 22'' 6 lug Dalar, only 24''/26''...the 22's are 5 lug and it's Giovanna

Last edited:

jnking15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
jnking15, how far did you lower that tahoe? Looking at your setup, makes me kind of think about going with 24s.

I have the Belltech 2/3-4 kit from NorcalSS. 2" drop spindles in the front and it is at 3" in the rear right now.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

That Yukon looks blue not gray too me...

It is more blue than gray. GMC calls it "stealth gray metallic", I promise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WHRIII