New 2019 Tahoe Owner Needing Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bl4ckirish31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new to these forums, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I just bought a 2019 Tahoe LT (with an RST package) a couple months ago and have a few questions.

I'm in need of upgrading my headlight bulbs. The ribbon lights are bright white, while the headlights are more soft white. Is there another bulb out there to match the color of the ribbon lights? LED or HID? If so, what brand and lumen? The mismatch is driving me insane.

Any assistance in these issues will be MUCH appreciated!

Seat rattling issue will be posted in the interior section soon.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

I cannot personally assist you on your 2019 Tahoe questions, but this Forum is filled with knowledgeable folks who freely share their experiences and perspectives.

These folks will chime in shortly.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Have you looked under the rattling seat for any mounting problems or loose mechanisms?

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, seat rattle isn't normal. I'd let the dealer diagnose and repair.

Your headlights are halogen in a projector housing. The Premier has HID's. I'm sure you could switch out the bulb for a different lumen probably closer to 6000 for a more blue/white look. Don't have any suggestions on which one or from where though.

EZ Money

Reaction score
We swapped out the factory halogen bulbs in our ‘19 for a set of 6000K LED bulbs. I would stay away from the aftermarket HID kits as they require a ton of maintenance.
Also, stay away from the cheaper LED kits because you’ll be swapping bulbs or driver ballasts every 6 months. You can search the forum for LED headlights...there is a TON of informations. We also swapped out our dog lamps for 6000K LEDs. The entire front of our truck is white now, no more ugly yellow.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We swapped out the factory halogen bulbs in our ‘19 for a set of 6000K LED bulbs. I would stay away from the aftermarket HID kits as they require a ton of maintenance.
Also, stay away from the cheaper LED kits because you’ll be swapping bulbs or driver ballasts every 6 months. You can search the forum for LED headlights...there is a TON of informations. We also swapped out our dog lamps for 6000K LEDs. The entire front of our truck is white now, no more ugly yellow.
what exactly is a ton of maintenance on HID? REALLY curious because I have ran them for well over a decade (on several vehicles), maybe I am missing out on some great maintenance procedure? please fell free to elaborate.

zkutilek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is our 17 Yukon. This is a comparison pic, pass side being OEM, Driver being aftermarket. I went with 6000k HID for low beam, and 6000k LED for high beam and fogs. The kit I purchased was from Vanquish Auto. I have had great luck with everything I’ve purchased from them, both for the Yukon and my F250 SuperDuty, although they don’t have the best name around the forum for their customer service.0BDA18EE-5BE9-422D-8E2D-ED76984B920E.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is our 17 Yukon. This is a comparison pic, pass side being OEM, Driver being aftermarket. I went with 6000k HID for low beam, and 6000k LED for high beam and fogs. The kit I purchased was from Vanquish Auto. I have had great luck with everything I’ve purchased from them, both for the Yukon and my F250 SuperDuty, although they don’t have the best name around the forum for their customer service.View attachment 248534
you are one of the few that has had any luck with vanguish auto even though they are a supporting vendor (or used to be) they are the running joke around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01