New 2013 Yukon (new to me)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I just bought a 2013 Yukon w/156k from a shady used car lot. Transmission acted up on the test drive.... i told him. I thought it would've been fixed prior to delivery. nope. So 2 days later when i bring the truck back (i wasn't going to turn it in, i just wanted him to think that) he says that "He bought me" an extended warranty that would cover the transmission replacement. i just had to wait 30 days. i don't think so. i barely made it home the next night, and had it towed to his brothers shop to fix.i had gone there at his behest to have his brother confirm a transmission issue. his actions were puzzling. he drove the truck like mario Andretti . it didn't slip once... ok. i said please pull over and let me drive. i wasn't 10 feet and it was slipping and banging, and a nice vibration i hadn't felt yet. 2 weeks later, i got nowhere, just the run around so finally i had my wife call and tear him a new one, the next day (yest) its finally on a lift. ugh. i really like the truck. i had a 2010 avalanche that i was forced to give up, its identical inside. i'm gonna find a good transmission shop and see if this warranty is any good. I have a lot of plans for this truck. i almost did a full stereo in the avalanche, but times got tough and i was forced to sell the equip i took a year to accumulate. I have been reading and studying. and i have some cool ideas i think you'll all like (well, most of you, lol) i have built a few cars over the years. most notably my 2015 Subaru Sti. 600whp/ killer JL audio high end build. i'm going to do something similar here.... but i'm going to hide all the speakers. truck is big enough i think!!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Sorry to hear on your issues with your 2013 Yukon but hopefully from here on in you will be okay. I tell people all the time to stay away from used car lots as 99% of them are shady.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I just bought a 2013 Yukon w/156k from a shady used car lot. Transmission acted up on the test drive.... i told him. I thought it would've been fixed prior to delivery. nope. So 2 days later when i bring the truck back (i wasn't going to turn it in, i just wanted him to think that) he says that "He bought me" an extended warranty that would cover the transmission replacement. i just had to wait 30 days. i don't think so. i barely made it home the next night, and had it towed to his brothers shop to fix.i had gone there at his behest to have his brother confirm a transmission issue. his actions were puzzling. he drove the truck like mario Andretti . it didn't slip once... ok. i said please pull over and let me drive. i wasn't 10 feet and it was slipping and banging, and a nice vibration i hadn't felt yet. 2 weeks later, i got nowhere, just the run around so finally i had my wife call and tear him a new one, the next day (yest) its finally on a lift. ugh. i really like the truck. i had a 2010 avalanche that i was forced to give up, its identical inside. i'm gonna find a good transmission shop and see if this warranty is any good. I have a lot of plans for this truck. i almost did a full stereo in the avalanche, but times got tough and i was forced to sell the equip i took a year to accumulate. I have been reading and studying. and i have some cool ideas i think you'll all like (well, most of you, lol) i have built a few cars over the years. most notably my 2015 Subaru Sti. 600whp/ killer JL audio high end build. i'm going to do something similar here.... but i'm going to hide all the speakers. truck is big enough i think!!
How does the fluid look? You need a Tech-2 to properly diagnose this thing and a subscription to the shop manual at AllDataDIY. The first signs of problems with these things is usually in the valve body because of dirty transmission fluid. As you saw in Seth's thread, you can rebuild it yourself on your kitchen table. If it has to be rebuilt, consider a new one from GM that comes with a 3 year, 100K mile warranty and can be serviced nationwide if needs be.

I wouldn't let Mario anywhere near the car, he's going to take short cuts and use band-aids.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OP
OP
salisburyv

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol Thank you. i just finally picked it back up today.... at least it shifts now. on the way home the CEL came on... then started flashing. then a message came across, very low oil pressure stop engine immediately. So, i pull over, shut it off and popped the hood. pulled the stick wiped/replaced, waited and repulled, there is oil on the stick to the full hot. Phew!!

just a bad sensor, i hope. tomorrow i plan on having some service done, including an oil change. i need to get under it and see what i'm dealing with. worse case i'll keep it thru the winter and sell in the spring and make a profit. the prices on these SUVs are skyrocketing. but if its not so bad i was planning on keeping it and putting a stereo in it. i also want a set of 22" snowflakes, like on the newer trucks. 18s just don't look right imho.

****let this be a good lesson for everyone, me too. if it looks too good.... it is. Run away. next time i'll know*******

i'll go take some more pics for ya!!