New 2 door model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Ford's Bronco takes off GM will follow suit. I'll take a lifted diesel please..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kids on the S10 forums used to post renderings of a "new S10/Sonoma" all the time. There's no real market for compact pickups just like there's no real market for a full-sized 2-door SUV.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Ford's Bronco takes off GM will follow suit. I'll take a lifted diesel please..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Too bad GM failed with their comeback to the original Ford Bronco competitor, the Blazer. The new Blazer is nothing cool compared to the original truck based version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone took a Suburban and chopped it for SEMA I think.
Yes, this all there is it to that rumor. I have seen two of them.

Here is the build thread for one of them.
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/two-door-tahoe-build-for-sema.32355/

Here are the finished pics post #45
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/two-door-tahoe-build-for-sema.32355/page-5#post-385477

There is another one out there too. I saw a white one for sale on ebay not too long ago, I want to say for $45K that was also a SEMA build. Not sure how many others there are.

I'd buy one - and I've driven GM for nearly 40 years.

Great design from Ford. Not too retro. I think that the GM design attempt looks like a jelly bean. It's a no for me.

Those renderings have been going around the internet for at least 5 years. They are just some fanboys wet dream. There is no official drawing or pictures of what the new bronco will look like. The Bronco comes out in 2020 and will be off the same platform as the new model ranger that comes out in 2019. The ONLY ENGINE AND ONLY TRANSMISSION offered in both is the 2.3L ecoboost and electronic 10 spd automatic, which they are putting in just about every vehicle they have. The ranger version will have 280hp @5600 and 310 ft lb @ 3,000.
I'm not posting a frod pic here, but here is the 2019 ranger.
https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those renderings have been going around the internet for at least 5 years. They are just some fanboys wet dream. There is no official drawing or pictures of what the new bronco will look like. The Bronco comes out in 2020 and will be off the same platform as the new model ranger that comes out in 2019. The ONLY ENGINE AND ONLY TRANSMISSION offered in both is the 2.3L ecoboost and electronic 10 spd automatic, which they are putting in just about every vehicle they have. The ranger version will have 280hp @5600 and 310 ft lb @ 3,000.
I'm not posting a frod pic here, but here is the 2019 ranger.
https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/
Also, I seriously doubt that Bronco will be a 2-door. No market for it.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I seriously doubt that Bronco will be a 2-door. No market for it.
yeah, I don't think it will either. Its a midsize and they don't even offer the new ranger in a reg cab, Ext or crew only. If I could make a guess, a 2d (midsize) 4x4 suv market has been replaced by atv/side by sides. Its such a specialized market its just not practical for a $30K plus daily when you can spend half that on two different vehicles and get two things that are so much better.

While were kind of on the subject: HERE is the new 2019 blazer (that will compete with it at $28K-$40K) Looks to me like crossover lines with a car front end, but says SUV with available AWD. The ranger looks like a truck, but not as good.
https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/all-new-blazer

2019-blazer-cro-1RS-g7c-colorizer.jpg

2019-blazer-design-gallery-01-xs.jpg

Last edited:

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I don't think it will either. Its a midsize and they don't even offer the new ranger in a reg cab, Ext or crew only. If I could make a guess, a 2d 4x4 suv market has been replaced by atv/side by sides. Its such a specialized market its just not practical for a $30K plus daily when you can spend half that on two different vehicles and get two things that are so much better.

While were kind of on the subject: HERE is the new 2019 blazer (that will compete with it at $28K-$40K) Looks to me like crossover lines with a car front end, but says SUV with available AWD.
Honestly, not a bad looking vehicle to compete in the Nissan Murano class. I'm sure plenty of old-schoolers will be offended that they're using a cherished model name on that.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No not bad. The first thing that keeps drawing my eye to what I don't like is those wheels. Not sure how accurate they are or if they are functional to cool off the brakes, but no Bueno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B