needing some input - do i pull the trigger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly that, the gap would be worthless to you and pure profit for them. At 53k financing you owe less than what the vehicle is worth.
For me similar scenario after putting money down I am financing like 54k and they just said oh you won’t need gap after your down payment.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
What makes you think they've fixed the lifter problem. Some have stated it is a bad batch but that's BS the lifter problem started with the DFM introduced in 2019. If you're not looking for validation do some research.
I didn’t say they did. I said I was told they had. You seem really upset or mad. And for what, I don’t know and don’t particularly care to know. I appreciate your input on all of this. Especially your willingness to tell me I should do research. That’s always fun from a screen name online when I’m….doing research in asking

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Yes exactly that, the gap would be worthless to you and pure profit for them. At 53k financing you owe less than what the vehicle is worth.
For me similar scenario after putting money down I am financing like 54k and they just said oh you won’t need gap after your down payment.
Awesome, thank you SO much for this information! Calling the credit union now to let them know we don’t need GAP after all. Thank you!!

ruise

Reaction score
The deletion of the wireless charging started week of 7/12. I know this well because my Denali was built week of 7/5 and I did get the wireless charging. Was it a deal break for me to lose that functionality, no.. not really. But, I really wanted it and I enjoy it. So anything that is being built now will have that deletion as well as others. It will only get worse in light of the ongoing chip shortage.

I will also say that while I really wanted Pearl Beige Metallic (which I did get), I would have taken Satin Steel Metallic or White. Because of my long history of reliability with Yukons (Tahoe's brother), I knew I wanted the 2021 generation and all of the changes that came along with it. I love mine!!

Again, you will love the Tahoe. Hopefully, you will find the perfect one.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't. I had that feeling on my first 2021 Yukon, but not the second. The dealership experience can make or break the transaction. I had numerous issues with my first Yukon and wanted to take advantage of the high resale values, so got an AT4. My AT4 has everything I want, to include the "subtraction" of start/stop. I love having the wireless charging feature and upgraded my cell phone just so I could cut the cord! So the little options that may not be available today could be a disappointment down the road.
Also, remember that sales tax will be added to your $53,448. "Usually" you lose 10% of vehicle value as soon as you drive off the lot. So the vehicle would likely be worth less than your financed amount (if you added sales tax to the loan and depending on tax rate).

Last edited:
OP
OP
T
Reaction score
The deletion of the wireless charging started week of 7/12. I know this well because my Denali was built week of 7/5 and I did get the wireless charging. Was it a deal break for me to lose that functionality, no.. not really. But, I really wanted it and I enjoy it. So anything that is being built now will have that deletion as well as others. It will only get worse in light of the ongoing chip shortage.

I will also say that while I really wanted Pearl Beige Metallic (which I did get), I would have taken Satin Steel Metallic or White. Because of my long history of reliability with Yukons (Tahoe's brother), I knew I wanted the 2021 generation and all of the changes that came along with it. I love mine!!

Again, you will love the Tahoe. Hopefully, you will find the perfect one.
Nice! I don’t know that I would’ve used the charger honestly. But it’s always nice to have. They did delete that charge from the vehicle so that’s good. It’s not a make it or break it thankfully.
Thank you so much for the input!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes you think they've fixed the lifter problem. Some have stated it is a bad batch but that's BS the lifter problem started with the DFM introduced in 2019. If you're not looking for validation do some research.
Too late it's a done deal, there is chance anything could happen but unlikely, people only come online to complain not rave so the problem is skewed.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Too late it's a done deal, there is chance anything could happen but unlikely, people only come online to complain not rave so the problem is skewed.
I’m sorry if it came across as me complaining. I was only coming here for input and not to complain. Apologies.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"i want to hear your opinions on the tahoe. i did check the production date and it's late june 2021. checked the VIN and there are zero recalls. i have heard and been educated on the whole lifter issue, but apparently i am in the clear due to the production date."

Oy