needing some input - do i pull the trigger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I would hold off, personally. It has most of the options you want, but not all of them, and a few months down the road, your either gonna curse the truck, or love it. When you are dropping this much coin on a new truck, get what you want, not whats available. Then you add in the fact this lifter issue is not over as @Quark said, and I just couldnt buy one right now.

That being said, you do have an option for something else. Do a short term lease on it. If you like it, buy it. If you dont, turn it in, and find the one you want!

This is the exact situation that I am having with my Esky. I bought it because it would fill the void. But now I am 3 months into the ownership, and am considering selling it. Its nice, but it just isnt exactly what I want.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on the same boat 2 months ago. Well, 3 actually as I began shopping in May after my previous ride stalled on me and would not start.

I was really trying to go for a Durango RT with the Tow n Go package. Forget it…in my area there was only about 3, non with the color I wanted, no sun roof and some bells and whistles I didn’t care for. I reached out to a few dealers and went o check them out only to find out they had a 10-15k markup. I had also found one out of state and was willing to ship it to me but did not reach a deal.

I eventually said screw this and began looking at the Tahoe which I had already considered but where more expensive. Luckily I found the perfect dealer to play ball and was able to make a deal. I’ve kept checking the dealer site and they have only been getting Tahoe’s without the Rear screens, no power 3rd row and no lux package so no heated steering wheel.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
underwater? no, we have zero negative equity going into this vehicle. we'll actually have $9k positive toward the price out the door because of our trade in. is that what you mean by underwater?
Yes, underwater = negative equity. I would do a little more due diligence, because gap insurance has NO value other than to cover negative equity. NE insurance is precisely what it is, no more or less. So either the terms of the proposed loan DO put you underwater, or the lender is hawking an entirely worthless to you added cost (and pure profit for them).

ruise

Reaction score
i waited about 3 months to get my hands on my new Denali. I didn't need a new vehicle, rather I wanted this new model design. My dealer had the available allocation and was able to order just what I wanted. When I took delivery, and drove it home, I said to myself "this was worth the weight."

My advice would be this... don't be in a hurry to drop that amount of money on a vehicle unless you love it. Who knows what the service and dependability will be. I, going into this with a very positive attitude and with plenty of experience with General Motors. This is my 6th Yukon and none of them have ever been in the shop for anything more than routine maintenance. Also, keep in mind, the longer you wait, the more deletions there will be on your vehicle because of the chip shortage. I was not aware of the deletion of the power up/down back seats. They will continue deleting features that are appealing to customers to continue building these vehicles.

Overall, you'll love your new Tahoe once you decide on which one to purchase. Best of luck with your decision and let us know what you finally decide.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
i waited about 3 months to get my hands on my new Denali. I didn't need a new vehicle, rather I wanted this new model design. My dealer had the available allocation and was able to order just what I wanted. When I took delivery, and drove it home, I said to myself "this was worth the weight."

My advice would be this... don't be in a hurry to drop that amount of money on a vehicle unless you love it. Who knows what the service and dependability will be. I, going into this with a very positive attitude and with plenty of experience with General Motors. This is my 6th Yukon and none of them have ever been in the shop for anything more than routine maintenance. Also, keep in mind, the longer you wait, the more deletions there will be on your vehicle because of the chip shortage. I was not aware of the deletion of the power up/down back seats. They will continue deleting features that are appealing to customers to continue building these vehicles.

Overall, you'll love your new Tahoe once you decide on which one to purchase. Best of luck with your decision and let us know what you finally decide.
The charging pad is one of the deletions due to the chip shortage, or so a few dealers have said. So far, none of the Tahoes we’ve seen in the past few weeks have had the charging pad. Which makes me think they actually weren’t lying about that. As I said in another comment and in my post, it IS shown on the sticker that Chevy refunded the cost of the charging pad from the MSRP.

THANK YOU so much for weighing in!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for all of the responses. i hope i didn't come off the wrong way in making people think i am not in love with this tahoe, because i am. i just haven't been in love with all the back and forth. we've had several vehicles over the years and all but one of them have been seamless transactions and no issues. this has just been an exhausting process and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. we're picking it up this evening, but just wanted everyone's thoughts on the tahoe since i am normally a toyota person.
well now you have to post pics of your new ride, that's a requirement around here........

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
I'm a big believer in 'when the universe speaks people should listen' and when I've ignored cues and warnings in the past I've come to regret it. But if you're looking for justification to purchase a shiny new toy you'll find it regardless of the what is posted. I don't say this lightly, I've waited two years for the redesign and I'll wait two more to see if they've made them reliable. And another thing, we've haven't seen the end of the failed lifter saga.
The lifter thing does scare me a bit, but apparently they’ve fixed that in newer production dates, which mine is a part of. And I apologize if my post came off as seeking validation to drop this much money on this vehicle. Definitely not my intention. I was just asking for peoples input when it comes to the Tahoe itself. The lack of sleep has gotten to my head LOL

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, underwater = negative equity. I would do a little more due diligence, because gap insurance has NO value other than to cover negative equity. NE insurance is precisely what it is, no more or less. So either the terms of the proposed loan DO put you underwater, or the lender is hawking an entirely worthless to you added cost (and pure profit for them).
I’m not sure how I will be underwater with this vehicle if I have $9k toward the value in my trade. The vehicle I’m trading in will be paid off and we have $9k left to put toward the $62k Tahoe. This brings the Tahoe down to $53,448. Are you saying I don’t need GAP insurance because of this? Sorry, trying to understand.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lifter thing does scare me a bit, but apparently they’ve fixed that in newer production dates, which mine is a part of. And I apologize if my post came off as seeking validation to drop this much money on this vehicle. Definitely not my intention. I was just asking for peoples input when it comes to the Tahoe itself. The lack of sleep has gotten to my head LOL
What makes you think they've fixed the lifter problem. Some have stated it is a bad batch but that's BS the lifter problem started with the DFM introduced in 2019. If you're not looking for validation do some research.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaymerkz