Need some insight regarding HVAC and actuators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flingflanger

Reaction score
So my Tahoe won't blow hot air. But if i perform the actuator reset procedure it will blow hot air during the reset process. I can't feel anything blowing from the passengers side so i'm thinking I might have a faulty passenger side actuator. I didn't see any codes when i checked. I use Torque Pro and no codes were pulled.

One thing i noticed is during the reset procedure it reset at 75 degrees not 74. Every time. But maybe that's just how it is?

The lines to the heater core are hot. I'm sure i'm able to get heat since heat gets blasted during the actuator reset i just need to give it a path to victory. Now I've seen a few videos and that actuator looks very hard to replace. Is there something else that could be affecting why the heat isn't blowing at all except during the actuator reset?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my Tahoe won't blow hot air. But if i perform the actuator reset procedure it will blow hot air during the reset process. I can't feel anything blowing from the passengers side so i'm thinking I might have a faulty passenger side actuator. I didn't see any codes when i checked. I use Torque Pro and no codes were pulled.

One thing i noticed is during the reset procedure it reset at 75 degrees not 74. Every time. But maybe that's just how it is?

The lines to the heater core are hot. I'm sure i'm able to get heat since heat gets blasted during the actuator reset i just need to give it a path to victory. Now I've seen a few videos and that actuator looks very hard to replace. Is there something else that could be affecting why the heat isn't blowing at all except during the actuator reset?

Cary, basic OBDII adapters cannot read Body Module codes. To read them one needs a Tech-2 or other bi-directional scan tool.

The Mode Actuator control which vents the air comes out of and this is in the driver's foot well and mounted vertically.

The driver's temperature actuator is located in the passenger's foot well.

The passenger's temperature actuator is located directly above it, a couple inches under the top of the dash board.

The Recirculate Actuator controls the amount of fresh air allowed in and is located in the same area and is mounted vertically.

They get out of synch which the computer can fix. They get stuck which the computer can usually fix. When they get good and stuck or just plain stop working, it's time to change them out.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Cary, basic OBDII adapters cannot read Body Module codes. To read them one needs a Tech-2 or other bi-directional scan tool.

The Mode Actuator control which vents the air comes out of and this is in the driver's foot well and mounted vertically.

The driver's temperature actuator is located in the passenger's foot well.

The passenger's temperature actuator is located directly above it, a couple inches under the top of the dash board.

The Recirculate Actuator controls the amount of fresh air allowed in and is located in the same area and is mounted vertically.

They get out of synch which the computer can fix. They get stuck which the computer can usually fix. When they get good and stuck or just plain stop working, it's time to change them out.

Thank you that really helps a lot James! Sounds like i'll need to invest in a bi-directional scan tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts