Need new lifts for rear door -2000 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talstone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2000 Tahoe and I need new lifts (the two "hydraulic" arms) that hold the door up. Currently, I'm having to use a stick prop the rear door up. Anyone know where I can go to find replacements? I'm assuming it won't be hard to replace but I welcome any tips on that front too.

Thanks,

D

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealers will have them, and most auto parts places can order them for you cheaper. I work at a boat shop and sell them here in different lengths and pounds for hatches, ill have to find the length and poundage stocks are and replace mine with some stainless ones just cause I get them cheap and mine are on there way out anyways.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matt, how much can you sell a pair of stainless ones for? mine are getting there too. are they polished? would look nice.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matt, how much can you sell a pair of stainless ones for? mine are getting there too. are they polished? would look nice.

I was just looking them up right now, the stainless ones do have the full stainless body with stainless strut. They retail for @$58 a piece, I get them for @$25 each, but the standard ones I get for @$9 so ill have to get the length and poundage and bring in a stainless one to see if it is just to bad ass not to put on

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this on the Web: http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Hood...utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=NextagSF

Has anyone ever bought from these guys or would I be better to just go and order from a retail auto parts house. I'd rather stay away from the dealership.

Are they hard to replace?

Never bought from them, but that price seems pretty steep. I would look around at local auto places to see if you get cheaper. Havent looked at mine yet but it should be like a standard lift that has a small metal tab on each end that you simply pry up with a screwdriver and it releases it off the stud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77