Need lifting suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
TRUXX kit is a 2.5" front spacers and 1.5" rear.
Rides like stock. You don;t have to change your shocks out. You will need a front end alignment though.

You can fit 33" tires on there with zero rubbing....even off road. My wheels are 17 x 9 XD Hoss with 5.5" back space. Tires are 285 (33") bfg at's.

..although I need to go see max so I can get my 35's on there. :driver:

P8030006-1.jpg

P8030011-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

side shot.
3-1.jpg

..and just becasue we got the grille painted and dent fixed. :)

2-2.jpg

FYI there's no way your'e getting 35's under that set up. Trimming alone wont' do it. I have a TRUE 6"+ of lift and I still get very slight rubbing at odd angles and I had trimming and shaving and the adjustment of many things down there to get it this way. Trust me on this one.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I would save yourself some money in the future and just lift it up 6-8" . You rarely see anyone keep their truck at 2.5"..most everyone goes bigger. BTW if you do decide to go with 2.5-3" of lift...do NOT and I repeat DO NOT...go with 20's and 33" in tires. That's like running low profile tires. Go with 18's or smaller with 33's.

P9150511.jpg

baccaglio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Offset and Backspacing

Thanks again for the response! One more topic I am curious about. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT 4X4 with a CCM leveling kit 2.5 front 1 inch rear and want to put on 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers and 18x9 KMC Monster rims. What offset or backspacing do you recommend? I was told to go either with a + 18 or + 35 offset?? I am leaning twoards the + 35 offset because it is close to the stock at + 31. Thanks for your time!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a TRUE 6"+ of lift and I still get very slight rubbing at odd angles and I had trimming and shaving and the adjustment of many things down there to get it this way.

I am surprised you only get slight rubbing. From your pics it looks like there is very little room for suspension compression. Looks great though!

Still need pics of that thing fitting in the garage!:jawdrop:

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
I am surprised you only get slight rubbing. From your pics it looks like there is very little room for suspension compression. Looks great though!

Still need pics of that thing fitting in the garage!:jawdrop:

Ya I'll get the pic eventually. It fits but bareeeelllllyyyyy.

Believe it or not, I have heard it rub maybe twice since I've had the lift. Had it in all different types of weird angles. Haven't tried to max the compression or anything but who does with normal driving? No doubt in my mind I could take it anywhere I'd want and any rubbing I would get would be very little...if any. One day I'll post up some pics of the trimming and tie wrap set up under there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet