Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

Uderro1

Reaction score
oh, one more free test, with a simple test light, get under the car and test the power to the small stud and wire on the starter for power when the key is turned to crank, that little wire is what triggers the starter to crank.

The fuel pump is running. I'll check pressure and light in the morning and update.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I like where you went here @Scottydoggs. What's weird to me is he can start it by jumping the starter, but it dies after he takes the bumper away even though it's already running?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's gotta be codes, what do they say? How old is the battery? On 2 of our Montanas we've had to replace the battery cables due to corrosion.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like where you went here @Scottydoggs. What's weird to me is he can start it by jumping the starter, but it dies after he takes the bumper away even though it's already running?

i think its stalling out regardless of pulling power to the starters solenoid, you have to pull power or the starter stays engaged and sounds horrid. at that same time the fuel could be cutting off.

not sure how hes jumping the starter tho, the easy way is to use a screw driver to bridge the pos cable terminal with the small stud with a wire to make it crank.

if hes running power to the pos cable then the cable or battery could be the issue like stated already.

OP
OP
U

Uderro1

Reaction score
i think its stalling out regardless of pulling power to the starters solenoid, you have to pull power or the starter stays engaged and sounds horrid. at that same time the fuel could be cutting off.

not sure how hes jumping the starter tho, the easy way is to use a screw driver to bridge the pos cable terminal with the small stud with a wire to make it crank.

if hes running power to the pos cable then the cable or battery could be the issue like stated already.

It has fuel pressure. I think I found the problem. After talking to one of the scout leaders at son's troop( he is a chevy dealer mechanic) he said to remove the steering wheel shroud. He thinks it might be broken wires. Well I found 2 broken on the pass key emmiter. Going to fix them tonight and hopefully have good news for an update later.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that might fix the whole flashing security light for ya too. one might have been busted for a long time, with another busted its tossing a fit and enabling the theft system.

OP
OP
U

Uderro1

Reaction score
So I fixed the broken wires but it still doesn't start. I hate this damn passkey crap.

Going to run continuity through the wires. Maybe there is a break I missed.

OP
OP
U

Uderro1

Reaction score
Got continuity from the plug to the excited. Not sure what to do now.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, change the ignition and do a key relearn. don't buy a borg warner they cant be rekeyed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep