Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uderro1

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with my Venture? I will post the details if it is allowed.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can only suggest a engine swap lol

the same sub frame is used from a grand prix, drop and swap....

OP
OP
U

Uderro1

Reaction score
I'll give it whirl, what's the matter with it?
I have a 03 venture with 286k miles. It has been doing the whole security flashing thing for years. A few months ago it started leaking coolant , couldn't find from where. Last week the radiator started leaking and it over heated. I switched out the radiator. Now it won't start.
The battery is good and charged. All the fuses are good and continuity tested. They relays click except for the starter relay. I swapped with another relay and still no starting. It does not start in park or neutral.
The starter was tested and worked. I jump the starter out and it starts. It dies 2 seconds after I remove the jumper wire.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what engine you got in it? a 3400?

did it ever start again after it over heated? possible sized block.

try jumping the starter while it on the car?

most security issues can be cleared up with a security learn, most are key to run for 10 minutes then off for less then ten seconds, and back to run for another 10 minutes, so its key to run for 10 minutes 3 times, the 4 th time it should crank and fire up. you can hook up a battery charger during this if your battery is weak, this is a 1/2 hour of your life your not getting back, make it count.

or you lack a chipped key, then you need a dealer to cut you a new key with the right chip in it. might even need to re program the key.

OP
OP
U

Uderro1

Reaction score
what engine you got in it? a 3400?

did it ever start again after it over heated? possible sized block.

try jumping the starter while it on the car?

most security issues can be cleared up with a security learn, most are key to run for 10 minutes then off for less then ten seconds, and back to run for another 10 minutes, so its key to run for 10 minutes 3 times, the 4 th time it should crank and fire up. you can hook up a battery charger during this if your battery is weak, this is a 1/2 hour of your life your not getting back, make it count.

or you lack a chipped key, then you need a dealer to cut you a new key with the right chip in it. might even need to re program the key.
Yes a 3400. Yes it started after it over heated. Like I said in the OP it will start if I use a jumper on the starter but dies 2 seconds after I remove it.

Tried the reset the transponder deal. The security light never went out.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the fuel rail rad side of the engine is a black cap, under it is a needle valve turn the key to run, then push the pin in, gas should fly out with force so watch your eyes when doing this, a rag over it helps.

so key to run you should have fuel pressure, then once it fires up and stalls, check it again leaving the key to run, if nothing comes out im leaning towards a security issue, cause thats what it does, cuts off the fuel 3-5 seconds after it fires up.

if you have no pressure right off the bat key to run, then the pump just might have died on you as well. they can work and then stop working too.

you should also have a relay for the fuel pump. figure out what one it is, then swap it with a matching one in the fuse box.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, one more free test, with a simple test light, get under the car and test the power to the small stud and wire on the starter for power when the key is turned to crank, that little wire is what triggers the starter to crank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu