Need Help With The PAC RP5-GM11 and RSE In My 04

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have the RP5-GM11 all wired up and ready to go into my 04 Burb. My only question is what do I hook the RCAs to from the RP5-GM11 harness? My Kenwood Excelon touchscreen unit has the 3 RCAs(front, rear and sub), and has 3 single yellow jacks for front and rear camera and video out. It also has 3 3.5mm jacks on the back for "AV out audio", "Mic"(which I know is for the Bluetooth mic, and "AV IN". So my main question is, do I need to buy an RCA to 3.5mm adapter and hook into the AV IN? I'm installing it tomorrow so I need to know how to get the sound from the rse or my son will be upset. Thanks y'all!

OP
OP
TylerHagerdorn
Reaction score
It says in the instructions to hook them to the auxiliary input on the radio. There is an auxiliary input on the back. So do I need the RCA to 3.5mm jack adapter?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says in the instructions to hook them to the auxiliary input on the radio. There is an auxiliary input on the back. So do I need the RCA to 3.5mm jack adapter?

This is how I understood it. I don't know if it'll work like the factory HU did with the rear speakers muting and the RSE audio playing through headphones while keeping the radio, CD or USB playing through the front speakers. You can get RCA to 3.5mm jack adapters from Amazon cheaply enough to try it out.

OP
OP
TylerHagerdorn
Reaction score
This is how I understood it. I don't know if it'll work like the factory HU did with the rear speakers muting and the RSE audio playing through headphones while keeping the radio, CD or USB playing through the front speakers. You can get RCA to 3.5mm jack adapters from Amazon cheaply enough to try it out.
I don't need the radio to play as well as the RSE, I just want the RSE to play through the speakers

OP
OP
TylerHagerdorn
Reaction score
I picked up a metra 3.5mm to red/yellow/white RCA harness and I'm hoping that's all I need.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I picked up a metra 3.5mm to red/yellow/white RCA harness and I'm hoping that's all I need.
Let us know if it works i might be **** the same install soon.But i think im gonna try the boss 10.1 inch ****** din radio.Suppose to fit and i am just looking for bluetooth rear cam and car play.10.1 inch screen for under 400 buck including the rear camera im in.

OP
OP
TylerHagerdorn
Reaction score
If anyone wants to run the RSE through their vehicle speakers, then this part is a must have.

Axxess AIP-35AV6

Best buy stocks it in most stores and it's only 10$. I had to hook it into the AV IN on the back of my Kenwood Excelon DVD receiver, but if you just have a normal single or double din head unit you'd run it to the aux input on that radio.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to run the RSE through their vehicle speakers, then this part is a must have.

Axxess AIP-35AV6

Best buy stocks it in most stores and it's only 10$. I had to hook it into the AV IN on the back of my Kenwood Excelon DVD receiver, but if you just have a normal single or double din head unit you'd run it to the aux input on that radio.

I was hoping you'd report back if this worked. Good job!

Tony484

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Axxess AIP-35AV6

Tyler, question for you. When you did your radio install and used the PAC RP5-GM11, did you keep the Bose amplifier installed or did you replace it? I'm looking to do a similar install in my 2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali. But I want to take out the Bose amp and speakers and replace them with aftermarket. There's also the question if I'll need to run new wires from the aftermarket amp to the door speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645