Need help with Fuel Filter change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never done this before is there a pressure release I need to turn off before I tamper with tryin to get this thing off? I am paranoid of Gas so want to make sure I don't die in the process. Thanks!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine today and I just went at it. A little bit of fuel came out, maybe a few ounces. I laid out some paper towels in a pan to catch the fuel without splattering. 10 mins. BTW, I thought it wasn't good to run a EFI engine dry?

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Just pull it!! Wouldn't worry about running it dry, you loose maybe a few ounces of fuel. It isn't near anything hot, so wouldn't worry about sparks or heat starting fire. No worries man, I just pull mine everytime.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto what others say...just pull it. You'll get a little on ya but that's alright. Should be a pretty quick and easy job!

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'll give it a try in the AM then lol.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you smoke you one while doing it,

Ohh wait a min don't do that..lol

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! Doesn't look like you need my help.

Nortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did mine last week and it poured fuel. I ended up taking the gas cap off and hat stopped it. I pulled the fuse and it just idle rough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar