Need help with engine misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uwasride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 01 Tahoe has become very hard to start, and has a misfire that started about a week ago. After having the code read, it has a random misfire...More specifically, #6, and periodically #8. The plugs were replaced a little over a month ago, good wires ,and getting spark, so the coil is good as well. Don't know if it's the injector, but smells very rich when starting. Any ideas would be great, Thanks.

blazerk5drew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wait, the code was random cylinder misfire?.....if so check your fuel pressure regulator to see if it is leaking.

OP
OP
U

uwasride

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, there's no fuel leaking. But when I pulled the spark plug out of #6, it looked washed out and smelled like gas like it had been flooded out. I also am led to believe that it wouldn't be the regulator because it is only a problem with cylinder 6 and intermittently #8 misfiring.

blazerk5drew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am assuming you have ruled out all the obvious. Because the missfire is primarily on one bank i would be interested in checking that o2 sensor. I know thats weird but i worked on an isuzu landscaping truck with a 6.0 for two days before checking the o2 with a data logging scanner. Found the o2 to be way rich. Swapped it out and problem gone. If that checks out, get a noid light on the injectors and see if you have one sticking open and causing that cylinder to flood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevymec