Need Help With Aftermarket Headlights…2005 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hardluck13

Reaction score
Could really use some help on what headlights to use. Housings and bulbs. Don’t remember how to post pics. But my Tahoe is really clean (I bought it new in 05 it was gonna to be a SEMA project that year but went with a different truck). It sat for years and now I’ve been driving it a lot. Anyways sorry to get sidetracked. It has a bunch of custom touches except the headlights. I would like to get housings and lights that are dependable, look great and I don’t ever have to worry about them. I see the ones now with “Audi” style led bars (they look cool but are they reliable?). I’d like to do led hi’s and low’s along with fog lamps. Please help. Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
H

hardluck13

Reaction score
Hopefully the pic posting skills are there….(if they do work since the pics it has a smooth wiper cowl, the appliqués are street scene smooths painted, changed rear hatch so doesn’t have top plastic and I have a bunch of different billet wheels, forgelines and for whatever reason the reps keep going back on). Shaved the rear wiper and hatch button. Has tons of front custom suspension, all the rear goodies with Tony’s springs ans dual adjustable shocks. Tons of motor and tranny work. When I ordered it I checked every option in 04 / 05.

So sorry for getting extremely sidetracked and just wrote all that crap. AGAIN I NEED HELP WITH LIGHTS!!

29D4EA76-AECB-4253-969E-15C60A3FDCD8.jpeg

06C66751-0ECF-41B7-83C4-C1FA042BEA7C.jpeg

B688CAEA-CB42-4F49-AD73-A9078ADA37CB.jpeg

48BE99C2-75E7-4C2E-86F8-9EF28FA69FE8.jpeg

Last edited:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking Tahoe! Love the wheels and color scheme.

As far as lights go... I might be in a slightly different league.

I am not looking for fancy, just decent and reliable. I have heard a lot about Depo brand. NAPA sells them and they are reasonable cost for stock replacements. Not looking to drop several hundred for a pair. More likely to be looking for all 4 pods up front for less than $200.

I am sure someone will recommend something for your Tahoe that will make the front end look really slick!

OP
OP
H

hardluck13

Reaction score
Thank you appreciate it. Yeah I’m not necessarily saying I want the “Audi” look. I’ll look into the depo‘s. But if anyone has suggestions for led lights etc.. please let me know. My old SEMA trucks were easy switch outs, the new SEMA trucks came factory with projector’s, my old cars have old lights and this years SEMA’s have phantom grilles.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look nice! I'll keep them in mind. I'll have to do something before October for RMV inspection.
Someone on TYF just recently mentioned Spyder and being pleased with them. I don't think anyone chimed in to say they were not good and there was at lease one other like on the post.

I was going to go with Depo brand through NAPA, but I might give the Spyders a try. Price is good for all four pods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts