Need help to replace Front and back MRC on 2016 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoCardz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off, I am very much a novice at suspension, so I apologize if I mix up terminology, etc. I'm really just overwhelmed with the options and the multitude of part numbers available for a 2016 Yukon and I have no idea where to start.

I'm at 63k miles and things are so stiff it often feels like I'm riding on wagon wheels. I don't want to spend the money to replace with new MRC Shocks (only to have them go bad again in 3-4 years), but I'm having trouble figuring out the exact part numbers of what I need to replace MRC with more "traditional" shocks/struts on all 4 corners of my Denali. I'm not looking to raise or lower the ride, I just want a comfortable ride that doesn't rattle your teeth you when you go over bumps. I don't do any towing, so I dont need to worry about that, but I may have the air leveling system in the rear. I also need to be able to fool the computer into thinking the MRC are functioning so I don't get warnings on my dash. All I am really looking for is replace MRC completely and get a comfortable ride back.

I've seen a lot of people recommending Rock Auto, but there are so many different part numbers, etc. on their page that I have no idea where to start. I emailed Rock Auto and they couldn't provide me with the exact part numbers I need because they dont have a mechanic on staff. If there are better alternatives to rock auto, please let me know.

If you need more information from me in order to help, please let me know and I will get it to you ASAP.

Thank you in advance - I really appreciate any and all help you guys can provide!

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re in a tough spot. To use traditional shocks and struts you’re going to need something like this to prevent a code: http://shocksims.com/#about

And then of course do you want to keep the autoride function in the rear (airbag assist). If you don’t you’ll also need new coil springs in the rear.

Almost every 15-20 suv has some miles on it now and almost every one of them the magnaride has failed.

I wouldn’t spend the money if you don’t plan on keeping it for a substantial amount of time.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to the arnott website, figure out what you need, then buy it from rockauto. the arnott website explains all the little details and states if it includes resistors or not, you have the option to retain the mrc ride or not, the components to keep the mrc option from arnott are approx 1/2 the cost of eom thru rockauto, non mrc option will be a little less then that.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott, for sure! But buy elsewhere if possible.

Used their conversion kits on two Expeditions (I know, I know...) back in the day and they were great. No error messages etc. Good stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GoCardz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is a 2016 Denali:
GMTK2UG?
GMTK2YG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Arnott rear air shocks with built in magnaride delete in my wifes ‘16 denali xl. They have worked great so far, and no code issues.

Here is a pic of the box with the part number...

429049EA-1349-4D74-9676-AD775B8C1C1D.jpeg

cleancut41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 GMC Yukon Denali with 22” wheels and Z95 with front struts that are shot. I am looking to replace the MRC struts with something that lasts longer. Has anyone tried the Strutmasters kit? I think it is GC44F. I have also heard of Arnotts that may be good. I need to make a decision on this ASAP and I am a little concerned about height and ride. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 GMC Yukon Denali with 22” wheels and Z95 with front struts that are shot. I am looking to replace the MRC struts with something that lasts longer. Has anyone tried the Strutmasters kit? I think it is GC44F. I have also heard of Arnotts that may be good. I need to make a decision on this ASAP and I am a little concerned about height and ride. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.
Call Arnott on the phone, and they will help you determine what you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645