Need help sourcing a gear shift assembly for a 2007 Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmhscorpio

Reaction score
Hi, I need help in sourcing an Automatic Transmission Shift Lever Bracket for a 2007 Tahoe VIN 1GNEK13057R101310. Every place I have looked, it is listed as "No longer available." GM part Number 22833055 Thoughts?

dmh

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need help in sourcing an Automatic Transmission Shift Lever Bracket for a 2007 Tahoe VIN 1GNEK13057R101310. Every place I have looked, it is listed as "No longer available." GM part Number 22833055 Thoughts?

dmh

1 left on Amazon.

Last year I went through my local dealership for a few parts that were listed as discontinued or no longer available through GM. One GM dealer took a while but got me a discontinued interior trim piece for my truck as well.

OP
OP
dmhscorpio

dmhscorpio

Reaction score
1 left on Amazon.

Last year I went through my local dealership for a few parts that were listed as discontinued or no longer available through GM. One GM dealer took a while but got me a discontinued interior trim piece for my truck as well.
I will give a dealer a try. I failed to see the correct part on Amazon. i saw one that said it was for my Tahoe, but is much different from mine. Thanks for the suggestions! dmh

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will give a dealer a try. I failed to see the correct part on Amazon. i saw one that said it was for my Tahoe, but is much different from mine. Thanks for the suggestions! dmh
I see Amazon and several dealerships online and WorldPartsDirect on Ebay all have that part number for sale.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @swathdiver stated, just because a part has been discontinued (not longer manufactured), there are probably still a few of them available out there in GM's warehouse and dealer network.

OP
OP
dmhscorpio

dmhscorpio

Reaction score
what's wrong with it?
The spring that pushes the shift lever forward broke & locked up the shift lever. I replaced it with another spring, but I failed to find the correct spring. I found a spring on Amazon, but felt $68 was excessive for just a spring. I am sure there is a fair amount of wear on the whole mechanism, due to its age.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The spring that pushes the shift lever forward broke & locked up the shift lever. I replaced it with another spring, but I failed to find the correct spring. I found a spring on Amazon, but felt $68 was excessive for just a spring. I am sure there is a fair amount of wear on the whole mechanism, due to its age.
I have seen that happen before, replacing the spring is going to be a much easier job, I would just grab the tools that work for you and hit the junkyard, you can probably pocket it for free. I can't see a junikyard charging much for a little spring,,,, you might find other things you need at the same time.
you could also get lucky and find the whole shifter there as well if someone hasn't tore it up yet.
replaced one on a Sierra that broke, once I had the new spring there it worked just like it should, albiet the thing was worn, still a lot easier job

OP
OP
dmhscorpio

dmhscorpio

Reaction score
I will do that. Being basically lazy, I thought to just order one. I have a 1999 Tahoe 2 door that I have shopped at the junkyards for. I have found often my worn out parts are worn out on theirs as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will do that. Being basically lazy, I thought to just order one. I have a 1999 Tahoe 2 door that I have shopped at the junkyards for. I have found often my worn out parts are worn out on theirs as well.
well I wouldn't call it being lazy depending on the level of exisiting wear on the vehicle in general. takes time to find "better" used parts sometimes versus paying thru the nose for one thing in new condition. I used to hit junkyards multiple times a week so I was first to get at a fresh vehicle but no longer have time for all that and no longer have the vehicles that needed those things. most of the wear on my 12 is seat leather and weather seals, those seals are basically $100 a pop replaced some already, seat covers are the same around $100 each roughly so $200 per seat is a little hard to swallow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019