need electric fan help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
hey its been a long time since i have been on the forum but i know where to turn when i need some advice, i had previously installed dual electric fans and well one of them came apart and ripped my rad and now the thermostat is not turning the fans on, being as my location will not allow me to replace the thermostat right away i am wondering if anyone knows a wire i can tie into power the remaining fan once the vehicle is turned on. thanks in advance for any help!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A thermostat??? If you have a BB tune, aren't you powering it off of your computer since BB turned that mode on or did you have a separate sensor at the radiator?

Xav8r

Reaction score
no i had the bb tune before the electric fans so i dont have that option as far as i am aware ...

Hey, ya might want to check with Justin however I was told that he activates the fans pin when he does the tune. I was in the same situation, tune before fans, and when I asked him, sure enough he had activated my pin 42.

Good luck

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
Highrollin, how did you wire them up originally?

i had run a power wire from the positive post for boosting, not on the battery, then ran a fuse and powered the adjustable temp thermostat that had a thermometer in the upper rad hose. then to the fans

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Hey, ya might want to check with Justin however I was told that he activates the fans pin when he does the tune. I was in the same situation, tune before fans, and when I asked him, sure enough he had activated my pin 42.

Good luck

i will email him to check thanks, how do i tap into the harnes though, is it simple?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sell an E-fan harness that has a pin that you put into the harness plug for the computer to control when the fans kick on!! Pretty easy setup to add, and since you have the BB tune already, I'd bet he's already turned the pin on for you already!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino