Need advice/insights please..buying a 2015 Tahoe or Yukon..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

serpico1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie here and asking for help and advice.

Some background. I need a full size SUV. Nobody makes them better than we do here in the US. Since I was a kid I wanted a Tahoe/Yukon and the time is right for me to pull the trigger. I love all the improvements and looks of the 2015 models.

But I am a newbie to the brand(s). Chevy and GMC.

I have done much reading and research on both so I know the basic differences. What I am looking for are X factors on going with one over the other.

I am going middle of the road on trim, I wanted leather seats(not an option on the LS Tahoe or Yukon SLE, I wanted navigation and sunroof, engine block heater but not much else. So I built on the websites and the prices for similar vehicles came to exactly:

1. Tahoe LT 4wd $55,605.00 plus tax and tag
2. Yukon SLT 4wd $60,340.00 plus tax and tag

Yukon is $4735.00 more expensive for VERY SIMILAR almost identical BUILD.

What is the Xfactor that makes people go with the Yukon similar build over the Tahoe's for almost 5 grand more?

If I had to lean on looks and its subjective the Yukon looks a bit better to me (very personal of course). But is it 5 grand better looking.

I will have some follow up technical questions ahead of that's ok but wanted to settle on the model I am going to end of buying.

Thank you in advance and look forward to many replies and insights for you experts out there.

Eric

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.autonews.com/article/20140519/RETAIL03/305199983/0?cciid=internal-anhome-mostright

This article dicuss difference, price points and value. Good read and answers many of your questions, check it out....

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I personally love the "Professional Grade" image and aspect of the GMC. Thats the brand I went with and have no regrets.. Also coming from a non-gm brand car...Lexus and Nissan...

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Yukon is 10 grand better looking to me. Again personal preference and I'm bias

Reaction score
Look at the included specs on the Yukon SLT vs. the Chevy LT. Some of the items I didn't necessarily care for. I went to the build section of each vehicle, dropped the standard items for that trim level into the excel sheet and the Yukon seemed like it had several thousand dollars worth of items standard and it looked better. For instance these below are included on the Yukon SLT but not Tahoe LT.
-Driver alert standard
-Keyless entry standard
-Push botton start standard
-Front rear park assist
-Halogen headlights
-Heated mirrors, power folding
-Power release/folding on second row seats
-Second row seats heated and cooled
-Front seats heated and cooled (very nice on hot summer days with leather)
-Power Tilt Steering wheel
-Front rear park assist
-Blindspot lane change alert
-LED trim on headlights

I may have missed some, but these were the main ones. And it looks better.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SLT is just packaged much better. I did your same exercise and was really not able to build the LT like the SLT. GMC is really trying to set itself apart from Chevy as a more upscale brand. I think it is a better comparison between the SLT and the LTZ. The LTZ having magnetic ride control as the only big difference maker.
With that being said, If the Tahoe gives you exactly what you want and nothing more and it is cheaper, than get the Tahoe.
I built my SLT to look like a Denali, which it does, but was able to get exactly what I wanted for a whole lot less than the Denali. You can apply the same principle to your purchase.

Oh yea, and the Yukon as much better looking, especially with a Denali Grill and a few chrome accents. IMO.

Attachments

• 20140520_175058.jpg
    20140520_175058.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SLT is very similar to a Tahoe LT with the luxury package. Only difference I am aware of is the cooled seats.

The LT price you are looking at does not have all the luxury package items. If you don't want them and only really want leather then LT is the way to go.

The deal breakers for me were cooled seats and push button start. Once you have push button it is hard to go back!!!!

I didn't care too much about the other things but can tell you that having all the sensors on the SLT is pretty cool.

OP
OP
S

serpico1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Gents...going w the Yukon...>

I really appreciate the replies and learned a lot and now its quite clear.

I have a few more technical questions that I will be posting and thank you in advance for your further insights.

Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76