Need a "Step by Step" Guide to Upgrade My Kon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Zed

Well I have a 2wd Not the 6.2 the one under it *(cant remember the exact size right now)..Im looking to spend as little as possible but cant see really putting more then 5K into the motor.I want a faster 0-60/ more pickup...More power for pulling boats/toys and at the same time...Keep my MPG still at 14 mpg or better. But MOST importantly.. how can I get all this with out Voiding my warranty? Is it possible?

Felix Thanks...1) CAI...Which one? and in a basic 101 explanation...What does it do? U ubderstand that it send Cooler air to the motor but what does that do?

2) BB Tune...Which tune should I get ?,,,,I looked on there site and they offer several different tunes..

Anyway thanks for any advice

1) AIRAID, Volant, K&N are my choices. The free flowing plastic intake tube is less restrictive and with a tune, will increase the air flow through it.

2) Are you going for economy tune or HP tune? They have an 87/89 Tune that will increase fuel economy and add 5-10 HP then a 93 Tune that will give you 10-15 HP... given that you use that octane :)

OP
OP
B

Bobbygiles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay... Yes $5k is my top of the line tax title and license budget. Zed i will get you those Tranny and engine specs soon. Felix..Who would you recommend in the Lafayette area to install all of this? Also I checked out the Magnacharger TVS1900 and they are no longer in production for my 2008 Yukon. I have made my mind up on a few things..
1-BB Tune for 87/89 octane
2-Airraid CAI
3- Exhaust ...Not sure what Brand..Borla?
4- Super Charger...Not sure which one...

As you can tell..I am not worried about the warranty anymore....I just want the truck to be the powerful, fast, and sound great not loud..
Thanks

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you not concerned with warranty and want to keep a budget friendly build: mild cam, head work, and tune will net you big gains for $1500 - 2k.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah, whoever said that was NUTS. Magnacharger TVS1900 is the latest and greatest!!

The ROUSH TVS1900 is the one that is no longer made.

linetramp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys, new to this site, but want to chime in on this. I have an 07 Tahoe and am going to remove the AFM/DOD system, install a new cam and tune. For around $1500 you can convert your motor to one that can handle more HP. The rollers, lifters and cam that is stock can be upgraded to give you 45+ HP at the wheels, and the motor will be MUCH more reliable. From what I understand you can also install bigger cams to give you more HP, but I like the smoother ride and idle, and it's my wife's daily driver. From what I gather, this can be done in a weekend no problem. Go to LS1howto.com and look at the cam/heads how to and you will see what all is involved. These motors are LS1 motors, with "upgraded" crap that now we have to spend money to take out, but a lot of HP can be made inside the motor.
I just started a new topic on this subject this morning.