need a new hood hard to find, need suggestions? 04 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any suggestions for best after market hoods for 04 tahoes? got a sick dent in mine at couple palces told me its bettewr off just buying a new hood. couldnt find the same color at local junk yards. seems kind of hard to find it in the same color. seen a bunch of aftermarket ones online nut sure whats quality. any suggestions?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are usually a few part-out vehicles on Craigslist or FB Marketplace almost anytime I have looked.
Depending in your area, but I bet there is one your color somewhere not to far away that you could get fairly reasonable.

I have a white 04 Tahoe Z71.

A quick look in my area on Craigslist found a black one parting out that has a hood.
It is black, but only three towns away from me.

A white one to match was found too. But it was in Scranton, PA.

At that point, I would try to decide whether I can live with keeping a locally-sourced black hood, painting it white or driving 10-12 hours to get one that was already white (but probably old paint finish with age blemishes and other defects).
I would probably lean towards the local one and paint it myself (or Plasti-Dip it).

Craigslist hoods can probably be had for maybe $200, no shipping involved.

LKQ has new hoods for $230 (shipping? taxes+)

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
any suggestions for best after market hoods for 04 tahoes? got a sick dent in mine at couple palces told me its bettewr off just buying a new hood. couldnt find the same color at local junk yards. seems kind of hard to find it in the same color. seen a bunch of aftermarket ones online nut sure whats quality. any suggestions?
What’s your price range? That depends on what style you’ll get if you go aftermarket I had a amerihood gt500 style functional ram air hood on my cateye and it fit good with only minor adjustments to fit right there’s a company in Texas that is called street concepts and they make some really really killer hoods but they also have a pretty price tag but you’ll be sure to stand out and be one of a kind!

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you really have to go aftermarket just be sure it is CAPA certified, that means it meets or exceeds oem requirements, many aftermarket parts are not capa certified.
you can probably get your best deal going to a popular autobody shop and have them order it and paint it. try to do a cash deal if you can

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ideally id like to spend less than 400 if possible. maybe 500. i was quoted 250 to take out the sick dent in it by a dent spot. the two bodyshops i went to told me im better off replaceing the hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts