.....Need a little help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slickster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone on here with a 2002-2006 Z71 Hoe have a Rough Country 6" lift and use the stock 17" rims with 315/70R17 tires?? Rough Country tech support says these wheels can't be used because not enough back spacing. They say wheel spacers need to be used...... Anyone have any first hand experience? Any pics?? Thanks.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
basic answer for you is the lift spindles are too tall and will contact the wheel if you do not have about 4.5-5" backspacing. If you want to use the stock wheels, then you need to get about a 1" spacer. I forget the specs of the stock wheels but that I think is a 17x7 with 5.8" backspacing. This is all by memory so I may be wrong with some numbers.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock "snowflake" wheel is too slim to run 315 tires, not to say they won't fit, but I wouldn't run it. It's gonna donut and over wear on the center of the tread. Some will say to run less air and it will fix that problem but then you'll loose highway speed stability. They will tend to wobble at high speed/bumps.

Just go aftermarket or get new body oem wheels that are wider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA