NBS Custom Backup Cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayC33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb questions, I don't currently have a back up camera and I'm getting ready to install an after market he and cam. Will these work with an aftermarket he or will OT require modification? My aftermarket unit came with a license plate mount camera

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would work just the same. Instead of mounting your license plate camera up just put this one in your hatch instead and run your wires to it.

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can this be intergrated into the factory nav unit of an 06 denali with Onstar as well?
I'm not sure really. If you have a back up camera that you are using now I would assume it work. Mine is an 06 Denali with onstar, but I put a different head unit in. I didn't see a video input on the factory that I took out.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that's sweet. I'd like to do a slick camera install like that, but my hatch button actually has a keyhole in the button. I'm not sure what year they stopped putting a key lock in the button, but I don't want to do away with mine. I've read about people on here who have had problems opening the hatch when the power lock actuator failed. Plus the fact that I already have been in a situation where my battery went dead, and I had to unlock the rear hatch to get my jumper cables from underneath the third row seat where I store them at.

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that's sweet. I'd like to do a slick camera install like that, but my hatch button actually has a keyhole in the button. I'm not sure what year they stopped putting a key lock in the button, but I don't want to do away with mine. I've read about people on here who have had problems opening the hatch when the power lock actuator failed. Plus the fact that I already have been in a situation where my battery went dead, and I had to unlock the rear hatch to get my jumper cables from underneath the third row seat where I store them at.
Thanks! Yea that wouldn't be bad to have the the key slot to fall back on in emergencies. Mine never had one so I never had to worry about it, I just use the key fob or crawl through if I have to lol

uscharalph

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll take one. It will work on my 2005 GMC Yukon SLT, correct? PM your paypal address and I'll forward to you the $125.00 and my shipping address.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia