Navigation disc spinning after engine shutdown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cessna1466u

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening all, I opened the door to our 08 Yukon XL this evening and heard a noise. It sounds like the nav disc is spinning or being scanned? There was no key in the ignition. Is this normal? Is this happening the entire time the truck is just sitting there?

kctyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last Tahoe did that and my Denali I have now does it too. I always have a DVD in there for the rear flip down for the kiddos. No idea if it is normal, it has never drained my battery though, and functions perfectly fine.

vinnyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's normal, I have an 11 Suburban that does the same thing. I dont use the gps so I took the disc out.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Good evening all, I opened the door to our 08 Yukon XL this evening and heard a noise. It sounds like the nav disc is spinning or being scanned? There was no key in the ignition. Is this normal? Is this happening the entire time the truck is just sitting there?

If I have a navigation disc inserted, it's normal, and quite annoying, in my 2010 Tahoe. I removed the navigation disc many years ago and started using a Garmin GPS unit. Two problems solved . . . no noise caused by GM's faulty design and a first-class Garmin GPS unit.

Just for amusement purposes, a few minutes ago, I opened the driver's door, inserted the navigation disc, with no key in the ignition, and the annoying noise started up. Then I sat in the driver's seat, removed the navigation disc, and the noise wouldn't go away for several minutes with no key in the ignition, the doors shut, and all doors locked. Geez, the damn thing must be on some kind of timer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo