Navigation Arrow points east

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P offshore

Reaction score
My navigation arrow(representing the truck) always points east.
It moves the correct direction and everything else is normal.....

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you try pressing it to change the aspect?
If so, did it work?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm that is indeed strange ... :think:

Have you tried ejecting and reloading the disc?

And other than being immune to electromagnetic forces, have you or the nav unit being experiencing temporal slips? I drove through a wormhole once, messed me and my truck up big time. :)

OP
OP
P offshore

P offshore

Reaction score
Sorry...What is a VSS wire?

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Yes on the disc eject...I am puzzled....

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Vehicle Speed Sensor...I think. When your gps antenna cant get signal, the vss signal will still move your icon on the screen; it also works with the gps antenna to make the navigation more accurate.

Did your nav come with your vehicle? I installed my oem nav myself, so I had to buy the vss kit off of ebay. Mine is a brown connector that plugs into the port on the far right if your looking at the back of the nav. It has one green wire coming out of it that goes down and splices into a wire in the junction box by the brake pedal. Maybe the wire at the connector is loose or possibly at the junction box.

I am not sure if this is your problem, but seems like most people that have nav problems fix the issue when they start messing with the vss wire. There should be a ton of information on this site about the vss kit.

chrisfox75

Reaction score
Is it the stock GPS?? And do you have a lockpick installed??? I noticed mine with the lockpick sometimes the GPS locks up and doesnt move until i disable a certian section of the lockpick in the lockpick menu....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais