Nav conversion and 6cd changer on my 2004 gmc yukon slt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmcyukonman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to this site and forum and would like to know the following question and / or questions. I currently own a 2004 gmc yukon slt which has the factory oem radio (double din) with 5 disc cd integrated changer in this radio. However, I just purchased an oem 2005 yukon denali xl navigation radio/CD player (double din) along with the separate 6 disc cd changer which gets mounted into the center console just above the cup holder. Would like to do this navigation conversion. The speakers on my 2004 gmc yukon slt are Bose. I am looking to enhance the sound quality of my radio, while trying to maintain the stock oem look. Is is possible to install a luxury Bose amplifier to this conversion to get better sound quality? What do I need to get to achieve better sound quality? Part number or
Numbers? Sorry for the long question. I would really appreciated any feedback on this topic as I am a bit confused about this conversion.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll have to rewire the Bose amp and install the entire interior harness to accomplish what you want...

Or you can get an aftermarket Nav unit with all the bells and whistles cheaper...

OP
OP
G

Gmcyukonman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. When you say rewire the Bose amp, are you alluding to the non-luxury amp that I already have in my truck from factory or a Bose luxury amp? Also, install entire interior harness from the luxury Bose vehicle? I'm trying to maintain the stock look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20