My Tahoe has arrived!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree with you on the stereo. The Bose in my Yukon AT4 is grossly underwhelming. I was hoping for a rich deep bass with an encompassing surround sound experience... but no. I wasn't expecting Escalade quality sound with 14+ speakers, but something a bit more lavish and doesn't sound like the only speakers in the entire cabin are on the dashboard.

Honestly though, as long as I can hear my Android music through the blutooth, I'll be fine. I've been without a vehicle for so long that I'd appreciate just having a radio that I can listen to my music on, period. For now, my wheels and other modifications are more important than the quality of sound. So, I'm not **** like that.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also the speed limit sign is empty. Still need to complete the welcome call with onstar, so it may be that, we’ll see.
Are you talking about the speed limit sign that's next to the MPH on the instrument cluster?, mine works but I didn't know it used onstar.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the speed limit sign that's next to the MPH on the instrument cluster?, mine works but I didn't know it used onstar.
I have confirmed that the Speed Limit sign in the instrument Cluster and the HUD requires a package from Onstar. When I first took it home, I had not completed my welcome call with Onstar, so not all of the services were connected. During the call, they completed the registration, etc, and gave me 3 months of service. As soon as they enabled it, the speed limit sign populated. I called them back and confirmed that on '22 models, this feature requires a plan to work. I'm still not exactly sure which plan, it's either the $15/mo plan or the $24/mo plan.

This is pretty disappointing as it was free with the '21s, and is free on a lot of other manufacturers.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
A lot of vehicles just use a camera to read speed limit signs - that was the case on my last two cars, Audi and BMW. Good thing is it does not require any subscription, but on the downside - not all roads have clearly posted limits for the camera to read, in which case it would be blank.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have confirmed that the Speed Limit sign in the instrument Cluster and the HUD requires a package from Onstar. When I first took it home, I had not completed my welcome call with Onstar, so not all of the services were connected. During the call, they completed the registration, etc, and gave me 3 months of service. As soon as they enabled it, the speed limit sign populated. I called them back and confirmed that on '22 models, this feature requires a plan to work. I'm still not exactly sure which plan, it's either the $15/mo plan or the $24/mo plan.

This is pretty disappointing as it was free with the '21s, and is free on a lot of other manufacturers.
That was a nice perk of the Denali, it comes with 3 years of that service (which is separate from regular onstar, I believe it was an add-on).

I think if we're spending this much on a vehicle with a full google infotainment, and (eventually) have to pay for this service, I want full satellite image google maps like Audi and a few others did. This truck likes to download offline maps every day anyway, depsite me setting a HUGE like 100 mile radius custom offline map.

I was fine with buying $100 map every year or two depending if my area changed a lot. In my area at least, the new speed limit sign is a lot less accurate and slower to switch over than my '20 Sierra HD/'20 Acadia are.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wonder if the speed limit "sign" can be turned off / removed from the display?

disappointing about the subscription for something that with the complete redesign in 2021 didn't require one on the tahoes/yukons...or operates off a completely different system in other vehicles...I paid $23k for a new accord a couple years ago and the speed limit designation works off a camera system...yes, i know its not a large SUV, but the whole interface is light years ahead of what is in our 2021 Yukon

then again, GM also changed the whole infotainment system after one year as well so there's that

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know the rules, Pictures or it didn’t happen :)

Last edited:

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wonder if the speed limit "sign" can be turned off / removed from the display?
You can select screens with different info on them, the digital speed screen can be used with or without the sign. I think it's cool because it will roll to the new speed zone just as you pass the new posted speed sign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manofaltes