my review of belltech 4923 bump stops for those lowered with keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some quick research and didn't find anything on TYF about these.

Been doing a lot of research about front jounce/bump stops after lowering the front of my 2004 Denali with the stock keys about 1.25-1.5". It rode like total shit. Just bouncy as can be. Looked below it a couple weeks ago and noticed the front stops were crushed and bent sideways. That's when I started my research.

I read through the extensive threads here about cutting, drilling, shaving, etc the stock bump stops. Some mentioned air bump stops. So I got onto the google and found threads in other forums about these stops.

Belltech makes 2 sizes. The 4923 fit perfect for me lowered at 1.25-1.5" up front. When settled they are just resting with slight pressure on the pad. They are also much softer than the OE jounce bumper. For install, just cut the studs off and they pop right into stock location. I didn't get any pictures but I'm sure you guys can figure it out.

WOW! What a difference it made. No more side to side wobble of death when going into a parking lot or bump on the rode at slow speed. High speed seems a little smoother. They're also cheaper than any OE stops.

I'll have my Bilstein 5125s for the rear on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll like the ride they provide and will finally get the full 3" drop back there instead of the 2" now with 1 blown and 1 good nivomat (don't ask why i have nivomats in the rear of a Denali. long story). I'm running KYB gr2s up front. They are ok at best. May hopefully try 4600s up there soon. i think a slightly stiffer shock than whats there now will really set it off nicely.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Belltech/146/4923/10002/-1

Use the 4922 kit if you've gone even lower with keys. but being low enough for these using keys, its going to ride like pooh anyway.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Belltech/146/4922/10002/-1

here is how it sits about 1.5" down in front and 3" in the rear. cant wait to look like that again with the new shocks. I know its nothing special but I was able to do this on the cheap and its still way better than stock. i only have $290 into it with the rear 5125s. 22" CK156 or CK375 would be awesome. doubt itll happy anytime soon though.

the setup is:
lowered front with stock keys
belltech 5303 rear springs
belltech shock extenders
KYB gr2s front
(in the mail now) billstein 5125 rear
belltech 4923 front jounce stops
cut stock rear bump stops
i have a set of used (free) rear endlinks im going to cut, sleeve and weld to level out the rear sway bar. i need to save where i can. $90 for DJMs just isnt possible for me.

that'll be it for a while.

Attachments

• 20150217_102303.jpg
    20150217_102303.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 47

volkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm researching drops now -- coming from 2 chevy trucks, the torsion bar front suspension is totally foreign to me.

Everything I'm reading points to 2" keys riding like crap -- but if I were to get keys and add in the bump stops it would ride decent? Stock to maybe a bit stiffer is all I'm after

OP
OP
R

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you need 2" up front, get spindles. the lower you go with keys, the more bouncy. opposite of stiffer. these stops definitely help with the bouncy but it still wont be what you're looking for. its night and day with these vs stock and being lowered 1.25-1.5" up front. as a matter of fact, once the rear shocks are in and settled, if the front is still a little lower, even 1/4", ill crank them back to even to see how it acts then. or try a stiffer shock first. depends on funds. i like a tiny bit of rake to the front but not worth the bouncy ride. there is tons of info on this site if you search. topic has been cover A LOT. but i havent seen anyone mention these stops, so i posted about it. no one seems to care though lol.

Daviddto

Reaction score
Nice ride, great write up. I am also about to lower my Yukon and enjoy getting any info I can

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
do yourself a favor. Save up and get the spindles. No matter what you do with keys they will not ride as well as spindles period.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im lowered on stock keys in the front at the moment, deleted autoride, and trimmed one section off the stock bumpstops and it doesnt ride much different then before. No complaints here.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm decranked 1" in front and these jounce stops work great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512