my rear window lock broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I unlock the truck, the button for the rear window doesn't unlock. If I do it enough times to get it to unlock then it won't lock. Has anyone ever had that happen or know anything about it?

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea ever since i put bass in my truck it stoped working, so i shaved my whole tailgate lol, but it has to do with this little plastic piece on the mechanism that moves off slightly when the button is pushed, i fixed mine briefly until i turned my stereo up again lol, take off the back plastic pannel and you can kinda see how it works and try some different things to keep it in place...

OP
OP
axekick

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I'll try that today. By the way, nice ride. I'm around New Orleans about once a quarter. I'll be keeping an eye out for your truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
axekick

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most definitely! I took the panel off the rear hatch and I can see how everything works but its not like anything is getting hung up. It just seems like the acuator motor isn't strong enough or it isn't engaging every time. Oh well. I guess I'll be buying some parts. Anyway, do post some pics FatNLow. You've got that thing done right!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried spraying a little wd-40 at the parts, sometimes that is the ticket!!

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine did the same thing. now my rear hatch wont even lock at all unless i pull the panel and reset that lil plastic piece and hand lock it but after playing my music it will unlock and stay unlocked

OP
OP
axekick

axekick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it apart and watched it over and over to see if its just getting jammed up somewhere. That seems to be a common problem with these. However, mine seems mechanically fine. It just seems like the motor isn't strong enough. I've been searching hard to find a replacement. I don't want to spend the $288 the dealer here wants for the part but I need to get one because I love my truck too much to keep driving around without the rear panels inside.