My "new" Yukon Xl... I just found a great cargo liner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am new here, because I just bought a MINT 2005 Yukon Xl. My old GMC just got sold.
I will still need my cargo area, and I desperately want to keep the area as pristine as it was well kept.

I just got a Weathertech extra length cargo liner but it does not reach the second row seat, as described. It is about a foot short! Their photo was taken in a low view, looking as if it reached the folded-up 2nd seat. It bugs me..... I just stumbled on a small company that actually makes a complete cargo mat that also protects the sides ( all the way to the windows and the entire back 2nd folded-up seat)....

I can use the cargo area just like a bed of a truck! The plastic side panels won't get scratched.

Check them out " US TrunkLiners " I just got off the phone with Anthony.

They aren't the cheapest, because they protect all 3 sides too.

Yukon XL 2nd Row mat photo at regular height.jpg

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it might be long enough to cover with the seat tumbled but not removed. The picture on their site is not a good angle to show how long it really is. Definitely longer than the one I have that is for just up to behind the rear seat.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it might be long enough to cover with the seat tumbled but not removed. The picture on their site is not a good angle to show how long it really is. Definitely longer than the one I have that is for just up to behind the rear seat.

The picture I posted is the Weathertech cargo mat. ( see how short it is).... I am now posting the SAME Weathertech CARGO MAT..... but photographed at a lower angle.... and it looks as if it's longer....on their website.... and is supposed to be up to the 2nd row seat..... It isn't...

The 'US TrunkLiner' mat is all the way to the 2nd row seat, WHEN SEAT IS FOLDED FORWARD....so I can use all 8'..... looking at their website.

Yukon XL 2nd Row mat like website pic.jpg

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was agreeing with you that the picture on the site made it look longer. I was saying it probably is made that length so it can be used with the third row seat in place but tumbled (folded) forward, sorry for the confusion.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the longer version.... you can't use it with the 3rd seat at all ( 3rd seat must be removed)

( US Trunkliner version is "slide-adjustable" for 3rd seat folded forward or all the way to 8 feet long, protecting the sides too.)

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well let me know if you want to sell the Weathertech. I would be willing to upgrade my short version, even if it doesn't go the whole way to the front.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok well let me know if you want to sell the Weathertech. I would be willing to upgrade my short version, even if it doesn't go the whole way to the front.
Good thought...... But I may keep it anyway.... My work requires stuff that might spill... The Weathertech can still be used . ( They will also allow me to return it pre-paid)

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, no problem. I also just realized why it stops where it does. If you don't have the flaps on the back of the 2nd row folded down, that is where the floor stops being flat, and where it dips down into the footwell for the third row. If you have the weathertech floor mats, they have a mat that goes down in there, so it would all still be "protected". It also stops there because the mat you have can be used with the third row in place if you cut out the squares where the seat latches, and therefore it couldn't go the whole way to the 2nd row or no one could sit in the third row.

I know that doesn't help you, and doesn't really make that much sense, but it might help someone else who is looking at these mats decide which best meets their needs.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree .... I also researched those same details.... But Weathertech was not clear about the full length, even when I described to them what I wanted before I purchased it.
( I have those floor flaps)

This is a brand new Weathertech ad.... The photo even shows a 60 lb. bag of powder concrete, sitting on the exposed fabric of the folded down 2nd seat!! ( Look forward up, right side)
( Are you kidding??)
(...and the side panels are vulnerable for scratches.)

Weathertech messy cargo.jpg

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what I am going to get next month the "extendable version".. It extends to 8 feet if you need.. So I can keep the perfect cab, perfect for the weekends.
This liner is good for people like me, that sold their pick up, and still needs the use of the bed, ..like a pick up.

ustl41.jpg ustl42.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos