My new 2 door tahoe. Soon to be dropped 4/6 on Billets!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maroon88iroc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sold my 08 Sierra NNBS that I dropped 4/7 with yukon 20's b/c I drive my Z06 95% of the time.. I wanted a cheap truck since I mostly only use it to pull my boat to and from the lake and four wheelers on occasion. I just picked up this 96 2wd 2 door tahoe to mess around with. I've always liked the lines of the OBS bodystyle & decided to look at 2 door tahoes and single cab trucks.. I quickly realized it is almost impossible to find a 2wd 2 door tahoe, so I decided to look exclusively for a tahoe since they are very rare. I found one but not exactly what I wanted.. Its white with blue interior & has the 350 vortec. but the body has 297K miles. I love the blue interior but I wanted a dark blue truck with dark blue interior. This will do for now and may get some new paint in the future.

I am planning to go with a 5/7 or 4/6 drop. So far I have 2" DJM spindles and will be cutting my stock springs for 2".. once I get the truck done I will decide if I want to go 4/6 or 5/7 and order the correct springs. I also have a flip kit, shock extenders, and a C-notch for the rear.. The C-notch I have is for a truck which will require some "massaging" to work with the tahoe frame but I think I can get it right with some heat and a BFH.

I have started on the rear drop and the major issue I see is there is a crossmember that is directly above the rear axle that supports the body, so I will have to do some major cutting on this crossmember and hope it doesnt have a negative effect.

Heres the truck when I first got it. Paint/body & interior are all in great shape just needed ALOT of cleanup. No body damage or even many dents. Engine has a cylinder 4 misfire which I am 98% sure it is the stupid spider injector so I will have to figure that out after I finish the drop.

2013-10-20230625_zpsf9ce87ad.png

I sold those ugly 15x10's for the same amount of money I picked up these billet specialty wheels for.. I am going to have to change the tires for a shorter tire after the drop though. I also have a set of 5x5 truck ralley wheels that I will be painting black and running on the truck for a little while.

PhotoGrid_1383192745051_zpsd521cca5.jpg

Hoping to get some more progress on the flip kit this weekend.

dudeface

Reaction score
nice tahoe man....................i have the 4x4 version. kinda cool to see what mine would look like witout fender flares and the proper grill. i bought mine as is and its lowered just 2 inches.
nice lookin truck for sure...................peace

picture.jpg

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Looking good! I miss my 2-Door, if you need any help or tech info let me know. I had a full escalade swap including the interior :)

zy8ady9u.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz