My interior LED Install **PICS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup! Finally got $100 worth of LEDs in the mail today! :D

IMG_1247.jpg

Pop off clear cover (look close at the side of the cover for a little notch to put a knife tip in)

IMG_1248.jpg

With the metal shield still in place

IMG_1249.jpg

Use a knife to pop off the shields

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

Both metal shields removed

IMG_1252.jpg

Metal shield removed (Day Pics)

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

Last edited:

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice. I want to get some red ones for my red hoe. What do you think? Should I just leave the red for the cluster lights and HVAC lights. and then get blue or clear or whatever for the dome lights?

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, now just gotta see how the blue lights are at illuminating the cab at night. Where'd you order em from/ what size is needed?
$100 isn't too bad compared to the $150-$175 for the Putco kit I tried ordering from stylintrucks but it was backordered and I just cancelled the order eventually.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3660

That tells you exactly what to do and where to get'em! :) Thanks to NathanJax for a wonderful write-up!

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

very nice. I want to get some red ones for my red hoe. What do you think? Should I just leave the red for the cluster lights and HVAC lights. and then get blue or clear or whatever for the dome lights?

I saw you should do red through the whole truck! :)

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red would look pretty cool, especialy when your walking up to it at night and unlock it with the remote and the inside just lights up lookin a little evil, maybe sum red puddle lights if you can swing it. I was thinkin of just a pure white but sum color might not be a bad idea, maybe just keep the overhead lights you can position white incase I need em to be useful instead of just looks

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
I put mine in and then the wife and kiddo went to dinner the night of. She text'd me and said WTF!! These damn things are so bright I feel like a spot light from a cop car was shining up the car.

:lol:

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine in and then the wife and kiddo went to dinner the night of. She text'd me and said WTF!! These damn things are so bright I feel like a spot light from a cop car was shining up the car.

:lol:

Hah, what color were/are you running, i could see where pure whites might be a little obnoxious sum of the time but the regular stock bulbs aren't doin it for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz