My carpet finally met its match..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesy92

Reaction score
It's been a while since I have been active on here. Life has been hectic! I hope everyone out there is safe, and hanging in there through all this.

Now, my '03 Tahoe was never a show stopper, blah blah. But, it did look good. But I often found myself staring at the stains in the carpet. Now, after hauling around all 5 of my kids for the last few years, its gotten its fair share of stains, dings, dents, and scratches. But nothing bothered me more than the ugly stains on the carpet. So I set off trying to clean it up a bit.

After multiple cleaners, sprays, soaks, scrubs, nothing was working. It was time for drastic measures. I was going to dye the carpet, black. Here's a few photos of afterwards. I used RIT fabric dye, which is great. And, it doesn't stick to plastics. With that, you can keep a lot of the big stuff inside the car during the process.

It has been about a week since I've finished the front half and so far so good. The cargo area is under construction as of now, and will be getting the same treatment, possibly a little more if I choose to.
I knew it wasn’t going to be perfect, but as long as it didn’t look blotchy I was happy.

Side note: lighting sucks, but I haven’t noticed any lighter/darker spots yet. The cargo area, being a big square will take some time and concentration.
1300250E-EED6-4F6D-B36F-1C4582493A22.jpeg7307966D-D288-49DE-A710-C5330783FCD8.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jonesy92

Jonesy92

Reaction score
I will add, with the exception of one spot, which took a tall, ice cold pitcher of Red kool-aid one summer day, its all pretty nice. It "feels" updated, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
Jonesy92

Jonesy92

Reaction score
Definitely. I got in every time and was just drawn to the stains. Couldn’t stand it. Especially after purchasing a 2015 Nissan.
slowly but surely everything’s getting checked off the Ta’Hoe build list.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That turned out great. I’m currently working on restoring a WJ Grand Cherokee for my sister-in-law. Will have to keep that stuff in mind if I can’t save the carpet in it

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It's been a while since I have been active on here. Life has been hectic! I hope everyone out there is safe, and hanging in there through all this.

Now, my '03 Tahoe was never a show stopper, blah blah. But, it did look good. But I often found myself staring at the stains in the carpet. Now, after hauling around all 5 of my kids for the last few years, its gotten its fair share of stains, dings, dents, and scratches. But nothing bothered me more than the ugly stains on the carpet. So I set off trying to clean it up a bit.

After multiple cleaners, sprays, soaks, scrubs, nothing was working. It was time for drastic measures. I was going to dye the carpet, black. Here's a few photos of afterwards. I used RIT fabric dye, which is great. And, it doesn't stick to plastics. With that, you can keep a lot of the big stuff inside the car during the process.

It has been about a week since I've finished the front half and so far so good. The cargo area is under construction as of now, and will be getting the same treatment, possibly a little more if I choose to.
I knew it wasn’t going to be perfect, but as long as it didn’t look blotchy I was happy.

Side note: lighting sucks, but I haven’t noticed any lighter/darker spots yet. The cargo area, being a big square will take some time and concentration.
View attachment 347822View attachment 347823
Did you pull the seats and center console to dye everything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts