My Audio System 03 Tahoe Z71 w/3rd row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, for those of that you know me, you know that I made my debut here trying to get ideas on how to solve my audio issues while retaining my third row functionality. Well, this is what I ended up with.

I just wanted to share this with everyone for opinions, suggestions, and possibly to inspire. I tried to start an audio system thread, but it never really took off.

Please guys., let me know what you think, and any suggestions for improvements would be appreciated!

Head Unit - Kenwood DDX812
Image5.jpg
Custom Box built for JL AUDIO W7 12"
Image4.jpg

2nd Row seats down
Image3.jpg

2nd Row Seats up
Image2.jpg

Alpine Amp for Door Speakers
Image1.jpg

JL Audio 1000/1 for the W7
Image.jpg

Again, guys, PLEASE let me know if you have any suggestions!

Last edited:

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the specs on that box? It looks pretty good, but I'd deaden that rear hatch with the sub being so close. It'll reduce the rear hatch vibrations a lot.

Why not just build an amp rack for under the rear seats? I'll take some pics of mine tomorrow and post them. It made it easy to mount the amps and distro blocks, and make future upgrades easier since they're just mounted on a rack.

Buster6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the screen. How much did that run ya if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
J

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some test fitting, but there was no way I was gonna be able to fit that 1000/1 under the third row seats, only option for me was 2nd row. I contemplated getting the dremel out and cutting up the back panels, and making an insert, but decided against it. For now, this will do, that is, until I dream up something better.

The screen cost me $750 3 yrs ago, got it off e-bay. Love the Kenwoods GUI, and with the added Garmin GPS, you can't beat it. I really like the look of the new Avics, but have heard they have some grounding issues witht he RCA's

LGHT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like the box and the setup. I put my amps 3 under the 2nd row, but I put a board across the seat racks so the amps aren't sitting directly over the carpet. My install guy said they won't "breath" as much on the carpet and always work better on a flat surface.

andreb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your post just helped me out. I have w7 12s and 1000.1 jl amp and been looking on the forum for the last 2 day looking. Cause I didn't want to remove my 3rd row seats in my 05 denali. Your post has been very helpful!

OP
OP
J

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your post just helped me out. I have w7 12s and 1000.1 jl amp and been looking on the forum for the last 2 day looking. Cause I didn't want to remove my 3rd row seats in my 05 denali. Your post has been very helpful!

Awesome! Happy it helped you out! Currently thinking about upgrading my head unit, the Kenwoods getting kind of old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo