Mr. Greenly, the Trans-Model Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***Opinions welcome; rant or rave, by all means tell me what you think.***

While this isn't finished, it is at a stage where I can and will drive it for a while. This started as a project that I had never seen done, though as I progressed through the work, people started telling me and sending me pictures of others that had done this... No worries, it's still rare enough that I'm happy with it.

This started as a Z71 Tahoe, but as you can see, it's a conglomerate of random GM SUVs and trucks now. It's going through a terrible identity crisis in order to resemble a midsize SUV, of all things.

Up front, the details of what needs adjusted because I love pointing out the flaws so it's not a dissapointment if you actually see this in person. lol

- paint correction is needed, terribly. But that can be a constant state of progress.
- upper grille needs to be extended out to line up with the headlights.
- lower valance needs to be bedlined and painted.
- side skirts need to be refinished. Installed bedliner on them and do not like the style
- roof is the same as the side skirts. Plan to give it a textured but painted look since I use this thing like a truck and haul shit up there as well.
- wheels will eventually be replaced with something wider and much, much more lip. And silver, they will be silver.

There are also a lot of details that bother me, but I won't point those out because they are minor compared to the entire vision here. But, here are the photos.

48352967876_35c9a30e9f_b.jpgIMG_5800 by boyd smith, on Flickr

48353104057_67877b19cc_b.jpgIMG_5796 by boyd smith, on Flickr

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
***Opinions welcome; rant or rave, by all means tell me what you think.***

While this isn't finished, it is at a stage where I can and will drive it for a while. This started as a project that I had never seen done, though as I progressed through the work, people started telling me and sending me pictures of others that had done this... No worries, it's still rare enough that I'm happy with it.

This started as a Z71 Tahoe, but as you can see, it's a conglomerate of random GM SUVs and trucks now. It's going through a terrible identity crisis in order to resemble a midsize SUV, of all things.

Up front, the details of what needs adjusted because I love pointing out the flaws so it's not a dissapointment if you actually see this in person. lol

- paint correction is needed, terribly. But that can be a constant state of progress.
- upper grille needs to be extended out to line up with the headlights.
- lower valance needs to be bedlined and painted.
- side skirts need to be refinished. Installed bedliner on them and do not like the style
- roof is the same as the side skirts. Plan to give it a textured but painted look since I use this thing like a truck and haul shit up there as well.
- wheels will eventually be replaced with something wider and much, much more lip. And silver, they will be silver.

There are also a lot of details that bother me, but I won't point those out because they are minor compared to the entire vision here. But, here are the photos.

48352967876_35c9a30e9f_b.jpgIMG_5800 by boyd smith, on Flickr

48353104057_67877b19cc_b.jpgIMG_5796 by boyd smith, on Flickr

Dude, it looks sick. Are you running spacers or is that just the offset? Put both? Lazy and can't remember.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size spacer? And with off wheel/ tire?

thought I put that in there. 2.5" on all 4 corners and the wheels are 24x10s (+30mm) on 305/35s. Looking to try and run something along a 24x11 with a -24ish offset on either 305 or 295/35s.. depending on the height/profile I need for this. That will take some sciences and visualizations to figure out.

Are those Yukon headlights?

Yes, yes they are. As well as hood and fenders.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like it
& i still like your current rims ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288