MPG on my 2023 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTPace500

Reaction score
I installed a corsa performance exhaust on my 23 denali and my MPG tanked to aroudn 10mpg. Can't figure out why though = p

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get about the same in my 2003 Denali... take that, AFM! lol

Don't forget traffic lights/stop signs drop your instant MPG to 0, so that can affect your "last XX miles" trip average, even if you're only stopped for 3min of a 30min drive.
Your 2003 denali is smaller. Has about 100 less hp and gets the same gas mileage. While also having less displacement.

Guess afm works

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you completely missed the point lol
Yeah I know it was a joke. He was saying his smaller 20 year old, less displacement and 100hp/tq less suv gets the same mpg as the bigger more powerful, bigger engined new version. He was blaming AFM for that.

I get it.

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot's of variables here, there is a whole thread dedicated to this topic here:

I can easily get 20+MPG on my 6.2 Denali 4x4 driving on the highway between 55-65
Wind is a factor
More than 65MPG and you will see the economy suffer.

Right now I would say, for how I drive, 15MPG city/20MPG Highway is typical for me.
Be sure you are using minimum 91 Octane fuel that the 6.2 recommends.
yes I have only put 92 in it, but the dealer did fill it up first, and I am not sure what they put in..

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know it was a joke. He was saying his smaller 20 year old, less displacement and 100hp/tq less suv gets the same mpg as the bigger more powerful, bigger engined new version. He was blaming AFM for that.

I get it.
Correct, it was a joke. His milage is a lot lower than average for an L86/L87 and should surely improve.

The displacement difference between and LQ4 and L86 is a whopping 12ci, btw…

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I am disappointed at the mileage so far, I am hopeful that it will improve. When I made the choice to get the big daddy engine I knew their would be consequences. So far I 100% love this rig. My biggest issue is that it is maybe to nice and fancy for me. I am kind of a simple man and have to adjust to owning such a nice vehicle. I cant believe how smooth the tranny is

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I am disappointed at the mileage so far, I am hopeful that it will improve. When I made the choice to get the big daddy engine I knew their would be consequences. So far I 100% love this rig. My biggest issue is that it is maybe to nice and fancy for me. I am kind of a simple man and have to adjust to owning such a nice vehicle. I cant believe how smooth the tranny is
We live once, don't worry about things like fuel consumption. My jet ski consumes 13-15 gallons of 100 gasoline per hour)))

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We live once, don't worry about things like fuel consumption. My jet ski consumes 13-15 gallons of 100 gasoline per hour)))
I hear you V My 2003 suburban gets 12.3, the Denali is currently worse, and my boat gets 2MPG on a good day, which makes Tuna fishing 70 miles out an expensive proposition!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65