Mpg on 5.3 cammed, longtubes, tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey big buttons sorry if you felt like i was callin you a lier that wasnt my intention
it was meant to be more of a friendly "BS" but hey if thats the kinda mileage you get i need to figure out what your doing that im not
here in arizona we also have an enviromental variable to factor in
its between 100 to 110 on a daily basis so AC must be ran at all times almost on full blast wich im sure doesnt help my fuel economy
also an experiment thats been done in the past is one of the biggest causes of added fuel consumption is when you drive down the highway with your windows down when ever you get above 65 roll your windows all the way up

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the tires. I went to the 285/70 BFG AT's and it killed my mileage. They are very heavy. I've got a K&N cold air, Doug's long tubes with ORY, tune, etc etc. It's the tires for sure. I used to get 18ish average mixed driving. Now I get 14-15ish. I've got an 05 Z-71

OP
OP
skaffy03

skaffy03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shit. I switched from my mud terrains to the less aggressive BFGs and it all got worse. Oh well. Guess I'll have live and learn haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I get 13-14 city and 17 highway but sometimes I drop to 11-12 city just depends on how many stop lights and speeds below 40 mph. I have a blackbear tune, K&N cold air intake, magnaflow catback, electric fans, 33s with 3.73 gears.

OP
OP
skaffy03

skaffy03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I ever hit 17mpg on the highway I have to pull over, have a piñata delivered, and have a little celebration for myself. Then I have to get in, and take off from the side of the road and realize how much gas it took to get going 70mph again..... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk