Mounting LED bar on Yukon XL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cerocinco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I'm not too sure if I should have posted this in the general Yukon XL forum or not but if so I'm sorry. But anyway I just bought a LED bar and was wondering if anyone has any tips as to how to mount the sucker. I have an 03 Yukon XL and well as we know there really is not flat part to mount it flush like on the trucks. But I have seen it on Yukons, Tahoes, Burbans... I haven't gone outside to mess with it yet but only way I'm seeing to do it is putting it on the small flange at the very bottom of the tailgate? seeing as that's the only part flat enough and long enough to have it on. Oh and it's a 60" bar.

Anyway thanks for any suggestions in advance. :Handshake:

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do a quick search a few members here have used plastic strips to mount on under the open visible section at the bottom of the lift gate.

I simply let the led strip run in the curved area of the bumper cap. From behind you can't tell it's contoured.

dub6chevyboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah i have the recon 60" led bar on my burban and the bar actually has a area where you can drill holes and attach to the inside between the back light gate and bumper theres a small 1.5" or so space you can use to attach it to.your light bar should come with atleast 3 small plastic pieces with double sided sticky tape also.goodluck with your install its really easy so dont worry just mock setup so u have an idea what its gonna look like. post pics when done.

Attachments

• 7 25 2009 PICS 037.jpg
    7 25 2009 PICS 037.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts