Most Performance for the Money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What's wrong with shorties? I like mine. yeah I know the LT's are better but, the shorties are definitely better than stock and they bolt right up.

I have yet to see any shorties that had a decent cost/benefit ratio. You are better off staying stock and putting your money elsewhere IMO.

most long tubes will not meet emmisions...at least in pa.

Most LTs aren't CA SMOG legal either, which is why we made sure my system was entirely swappable from the manifolds back. I do believe the Bassani midlengths should pass for you though.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i gotta agree shorties are better than the stock manifolds...

but if anyone really wants to swap back to stock i have a set in the garage i'll make you a hell of a good deal on!

laid yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
in going to bag my yukon but i want new heaaders for it. id like them to be shorties because i dont want to drag through them. what are some good brands and wont cost me an arm and a leg?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For headers you can look into Thorleys Tri-Ys. From all the research I have done they seem to be the most beneficial for the L31s. They also include a y-pipe and they bolt right up to your stock cats without mods.
I have a set waiting to be installed.
Headers, CAI, E-fans are a decent mod to, that along with a tune would be nice.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
in going to bag my yukon but i want new heaaders for it. id like them to be shorties because i dont want to drag through them. what are some good brands and wont cost me an arm and a leg?

It all depends on what you consider an arm & a leg? As far as shorties go there are a few options that range from stainless steel, silver ceramic, to titanium ceramic coatings. Off the top of my head you can look into Gibson, Edelbrock, & JBA's.

I'm switching to Thorley tri-y's soon & my ceramic coated JBA's will need a new home.

http://www.jbaheaders.com/detail_shortyV.asp?id=1832SJS

jcooklock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
intake, approx 250, BB tune, approx 300, exhaust 150-300 depending on where you get it installed, those are the most cost effective. BB tune alone is great, but that grin will be even bigger if you do an intake and exhaust before the tune. These are the cheapest mods I can think of. Dont fall for the "tornado" or "preformance chip" crap you see on egay.

What is a BB Tune??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24